Volume 6: Horikita Suzune's Trial

Updates will be way slower cause I'm starting a new book soon.

Yasushi POV

The days went by, and honestly things were going pretty well.

Right now, we just arrived at the library to start Horikita's study group for the day.

"Wow. Everyone looks so serious, they're really studying." Satou Maya said.

"The library's a pretty normal place to study, actually." Horikita replied.

Well its routine time, I was asked to focus on the more average students again. This time however, we have backup.

"Okay, you guys, no commotion tonight, okay? Next time you make a scene, there's a chance they'll kick you out of the library." Horikita said, directing it at Ike and Yamauchi.

"Y-yeah, we know already. Sheesh."

Horikita went to secure us seats. Even though more than half the chairs were vacant, that didn't necessarily mean that they were free. It was an unspoken rule that the seats near the café window and next to the library drinks station were for senior students only. In this territorial division, first-year students were only allowed to use the noisy area near the entrance.

However, we had an additional concern this time. We wanted to avoid being near Class C students as much as possible.

"What are you doing, Horikita?" Ayanokouji asked.

"If it's the thing you're concerned about, Ayanokouji-kun, don't worry. I'm already dealing with it."

We had decided helping Horikita a little so as she doesn't get suspicious of us working with Kikyou. I even had to put a little distance between Kikyou and I so that Horikita would believe I'm being cautious. Whenever I met with Kikyou in secret though, she kept pouting so I had no choice but to use the magic of headpats.

Directly ahead of us, Ichinose Honami—a Class A girl—entered the first-year students' area. She waved, inviting us to come talk to her. Eight other Class A students, four guys and four girls, hung around Ichinose. I glanced over at Horikita. Judging by her expression, she wasn't perturbed by this. Ichinose approached us.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." said Horikita.

"Oh no, not at all. We just got here ourselves." said Ichinose.

"I met with Ichinose-san yesterday and suggested we form a joint study group. Since we aren't competing against Class A in this exam, I thought we could help each other." said Horikita.

Well. Every silver lining has a cloud, as they say. Ike and Yamauchi, who'd managed to keep calm up until now, suddenly jumped.

"Ike-kun, I warned you, didn't I?" Horikita grabbed Ike's arm.

 He locked up in terror, like a frog being glared at by a snake. Why had he and Yamauchi suddenly become so excited? I supposed getting together with Class A girls was appropriately stimulating. Anyway, it serves them right.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you came, too!" said Ichinose.

"I was pretty close to failing. I might need your help." Ayanokouji replied.

"Oh no, I'm sure I'm the one who needs help. What about you Sakayanagi-kun? Having troubles with your studies too?" She asked me.

"No, in fact I was asked to handle tutoring. Would you mind if we all split up the people that need help?"

"Of course! We'll handle it."

To think Horikita had actually formed a joint study group. Assuming that we were able to work together with Class A, this would likely help us. The more varied perspectives, the more creative test questions.