Volume 3: Faulty Existence

Yasushi POV

At this point in time my condition was absolute garbage.

It was around noon on the fourth day and I was walking around the forest, looking for possible spots the remaining Class C students could hide in.

Because of Ryuuen's reaction yesterday according to Ayanokouji, I believe his plan really was a zero pointer strategy. He wouldn't react like that if his plan wasn't based off of spies and zero remaining S points. Now, where could the remaining Class C students be hiding? I know one is in the Class B camp but there has to be others.

"Cough cough...COUGH...urk..Damn this."

My lungs feel like they're dead. I couldn't breathe much air in anymore, my chest feels so tight. My heartbeat is slowing down as well, and I couldn't move that much, let alone run. Still, I had to look around, this was Ayanokouji's order.

"Class C huh..once I find one of you...Pant..Pant...You better explain what's...Ryuuen trying...to do."

I doubt they actually would, but it's a person's right to dream of the ideal situation. How long has it been since I started? An hour? Two? I don't know anymore.

All I know, is that I am in pain.

Ayanokouji POV

Maida just got back into the cave. He looked like a mess, it must be because of what happened yesterday that his condition is worse than ever.

"Maida-kun is everything alright?"

"I'm fine Hirata-kun, just tired is all."

It was around dinner time and roll call was currently being held. We have a full three days left and I doubt Maida would be able to make it all the way.

Because I plan on working him till he retires voluntarily.

He isn't Horikita so it should be easy to do. As for Horikita herself I'm going to have to use some force.

"Maida, report."

"Huh? Oh, right."

He came near my ear in a whisper.

"The spy in Class B has been dealt with. I told Ichinose he retired by choice."

"Have you found any other Class C students?"

"No, but I know for a fact whoever is left here, one of them is the leader. As leader you can't retire from the exam unless you have someone to replace you."

That was true.

"So let's say that Ishizaki Daichi is still on the island, as an example. He's the only remaining Class C student."

"It'd mean he's the leader." I said.

"Yeah, so we'd need to scour the entire isl- Cough cough!"

He was on the right track with his train of thought. However, his condition won't let him scour the whole island. I won't be the one to do it for him though.

"You won't be able to do it. Find someone else, I'm not going to be the one to do it."

"I have options, so leave it to me."

He has options but only two of them. He has Kouenji and Kushida, two power players, but only one is suited enough to run around the island looking for Class C students. Maida himself would still have to look around but still be very careful. If Ryuuen was still here and he found Maida out of condition, he would definitely take advantage of it.

"You be careful now Maida. I'll be the one to handle Horikita."

"Sure, I'll handle Class A and C."

"Class A? Ah I see."