Volume 7: Rumbling Storm

Yasushi POV

How unbelievable. 

I was supposed to just stay in the classroom and take it easy, but somehow Arisu and her entourage showed up a few minutes after Ayanokouji and the others left. Now, we were walking in the direction they went to, the dormitory.

"Why was I supposed to come again?" I asked.

"Come now Yasushi-kun, you need to enjoy a show every once in a while." She said.

"Yeah man, it'll be fun to watch." Hashimoto said.

Arisu discretely gestured for me to lower my head so she could whisper something.

"Besides, I need to apologize for what happened at the library." She muttered.

I held quite the grudge towards everyone at the moment, especially on myself. Apparently, Arisu was actually feeling guilty for that fact. I did also get the feeling that I was being tailed again this past week, but I just didn't care at the time. 

It was probably Kamuro or Hashimoto, and they must've reported my "lack of ambition" to her, so she's trying to get it back. Well try as she might, I don't think I'll ever take things seriously ever again. 

If your entire life turned out to be a lie, what other feeling is there other than despair? 

"Fair enough I suppose." 

The area was quite close by now. I could hear the banter from where we were. Ryuuen and his gang, Ayanokouji and Horikita's group, then Kouenji.

"My this is quite an interesting collection of people, isn't it?" Arisu said as they all came into view. 

"Sakayanagi, huh? Or should I say Sakayanagis. What suspiciously perfect timing."

She stopped walking which cued the rest of us to stop along with her. 

"I'm here purely by coincidence." Arisu said.

"Don't make me laugh." Ryuuen said.

"To think I'd stumble on Class D's major players having it out with some Class C students. Are you planning a Christmas party?"

"Back off. I don't have any business with you." 

"Come now, there's no need to say that. If you're party-planning, the more the merrier. Wouldn't you agree? May I join you?"

"If you plan on sticking around, don't get in my way."

"Of course. I wouldn't dream of embarrassing the party organizer." Arisu said.

She took a seat on a nearby bench. The rest of us sat around her, with Kitou standing to the side since there was no more room. There may not be any cameras, but students were walking back to the dorms, able to see. 

"Sakayanagi-kun, what are you doing here?" Horikita cut in.

"Don't ask me, I was quite literally dragged here."

I had no choice but to come since our classmates would turn into screeching monkeys because Class A's leader was visiting. 

 "I don't mind that our audience has grown, but isn't it about time that we end this? If we aren't going to talk, I'll be on my way." Kouenji said with his unchanging fearless smile.

"Wait, Kouenji. Ryuuen-san said not to let you run away this time."

Kouenji wore a thin smile. 

"My apologies that our conversation was delayed. I think we should get to the heart of the matter. I surmise that you're fixated on defeating whomever gets in Class D's way, or whomever forms an alliance with another class to do exactly that. Am I wrong?"