Volume 5: Bomb Dropped

Yasushi POV

Summer vacation was finally over, and everyone had returned to the normal school life.

On this day, it was currently our afternoon class, which became a two hour homeroom period. Class C's homeroom teacher, Chabashira-sensei had arrived.

"Starting today, classes begin again. However, before we do start, I have two announcements."

Sensei looked around, then her eyes fell on me. Hmm, I guess it's time, huh Arisu?

"Yasushi, please come forward."

"EH!?" Most of the class erupted.

"Sensei is calling Maida by his first name!? What's happening here!?" Ike yelled.

"Sensei, are you feeling okay? Did you get blackmailed by this guy!?" Yamauchi also yelled.

"Relax, I haven't even gotten to the actual announcement yet. It's really hard to explain."

I had ignored everyone's shouts and complaints then walked toward the podium.

"Here are your new documents, phone with a new school ID, and a few new guidelines because of the change. Transfer all your points, important information and data to the new phone then give me the old one once you're done." I accepted all the materials she gave me.

"Now, what I'm about to tell you is also being told to the rest of the first-year student body, that way there are no mistakes. The second-years and third-years do not need to be informed."

The class looked puzzled. What could be important to the first-years but not to our senpais?

"There has been a mistake in how the school has perceived Yasushi's personal information and it took the higher ups a long time to discuss and fix the issue."

She looked at the class with a serious expression.

"Let me reintroduce him to you all. Meet your classmate, Sakayanagi Yasushi."

Flashback

"Identity reassignment papers?" I asked.

"Yes, the Chairman has informed me that there was a little mistake on your personal information status. He left this for you." Horikita-senpai showed me a little voice recorder.

I pressed the play button.

"Yasushi-kun, I'm sure you're pretty confused but since I have little time I will only explain it in the simplest matter that I can. You're birth father truly is Maida Takao, the same father you were raised by, but that's not much of the case." Chairman Sakayanagi's voice started playing.

"Around when you were two years old, Takao suggested that I adopted you. Of course I hesitated, but since he brought up his heart problems, I agreed. We had the six month process and the documents were fixed up straight afterwards. Your last name was kept as Maida under your father's wish, this was allowed anyway. From your entrance into this school I knew you didn't know about your birth certificate and other documents that had me as your legal guardian."

No, I didn't even see my birth certificate!

"I also assume you didn't remember much from your infancy days, which is understandable. Anyway that's all I can really say, the student council president should have given you the identity reassignment documents. All you need to do is sign it and you'll be known with our last name, Sakayanagi. It's completely your choice, but either way after you get out of this school I'll be the one to take care of you."

The recording ended after that last bit.

"Man, I'm a fool."

"Just because you were too young to remember much doesn't mean you're a fool." Sakayanagi Arisu said.