Volume 4: Break Like Glass

Yasushi POV

I was in my dorm room, reading one of the many books I bought in the past. I'd been discharged ever since Sakayanagi offered to help me with rehab, they only assigned me two health professionals to keep watch as well. It was really hard to clean while holding a cane.

I might have to buy a vacuum, problem was I was broke. My private point count was 15,345, it used to be over a million but I gave the rest to Kouenji to make sure he actually helps the class while I'm gone. He had a lot of freedom because of my wording of "help the class in two special exams", because I didn't specify how much he would help.

For the price of 1.5 million, I think he'll pull through and do something pretty big. This is Kouenji, I think I can trust what he says.

While reading, I heard knocks on the door.

"I wonder who it is." I said in a rather sarcastic tone.

I took my cane and got up to walk to the door. I unlocked it, and behold I knew it.

"Good day Maida-kun. Are you ready for today?" Sakayanagi said.

"Yeah, I'll be right out."

I said while heading back to my room to get my jacket. A jacket during summer? Yes, I'm crazy.

"Feeling cold in the summer?"

"Yes, leave me alone please."

"Fufufu. Anyway, shall we go to the library?"

"Sure."

Sakayanagi had been dragging me to the library or to the mall ever since my rehab started. According to the health officers, it counted as training since I'm practicing walking with my cane. Other than that, I was suppose to do stretches every morning which I've already done today.

My days have been somewhat dull ever since my injury, but that's what I get for being reckless.

I jumped off a cliff for heaven's sake.

"Oh? Looks like the library is rather full today."

"Also looks like most of them of them are suspicious of us."

"I don't mind them."

Sakayanagi led me to an open table in the corner of the library. Most of the people here appear to be second years, with one blonde taking the center of my radar with the look on his face. 

A chess set was brought onto the table as we both sat down, putting our canes on our laps.

"Shall we begin?"

"Prepare to win a hundred more times Sakayanagi."

"Fufufu, don't be so hard on yourself. You may have the white pieces."

__________________________________________

After that display by me in chess, Sakayanagi and I were currently having lunch in the cafeteria. This time, I made my own bento because it's hard to order here with just walking like this. 

"You're tactics have grown quite aggressive these past few days Maida-kun."

"Adaptability is a must in chess. However, I still have a very long way to go to beat you."

"Not as long as you would think. In that last match, you actually caught me by surprise sending your pawn then turning it to a knight instead of a queen." 

"Despite that being a queenless battle I still lost. Your rooks brought in victory."

"Still, that was quite the desperate play, fufufu."