Volume 5: One's Limits

Yasushi POV

It was bad for our team. Since Horikita's group would be constantly targeted by Class 1-D's aces, we can't really rely on her anymore. The White Team is as good as defeated by now, with the senpais Class As carrying the Red Team. This'll be a loss for now, but we can easily make a comeback in the next special exam.

The plan here was to tie up loose ends, not actually try to win everything.

The next competition was capture the flag. Though simple, it was still a fierce and slightly dangerous event.

"All right. We're definitely winning this one, guys. Since that moron Kouenji ain't here, we've gotta get that much more fired up!" shouted Sudou.

Well, to each their own methods I guess. The way Sudou is trying to inspire the Class B and C students would or wouldn't help. Our capture the flag group was facing off against Class A led by Kanzaki and Shibata, and Class D led by Ryuuen. Class D in particular had some pretty big power players like Yamada Albert, and some good fighters like Ishizaki Daichi. 

During their earlier discussion, Katsuragi and Hirata had decided that our classes would swap back and forth between offense and defense. Class C would be on the offensive first, while Class B would protect the flag. If we successfully got a head start, we'd prioritize keeping that momentum and continue with our roles.

"Well, don't worry. I'll beat our enemies to a pulp single-handed." Sudou said.

"Uh, but aren't you supposed to go after the flag?" Ayanokouji said.

"Can't make any promises. I'm all pissed off, thanks to Kouenji. Grr." Sudou growled.

He flipped the other team off, not even trying to hide his hostility.

"Better keep my distance." Ike muttered.

"Oi, everyone!" 

While they were all focused on what they were doing, all of them suddenly locked their eyes on me. I was still allowed to step onto the field since they haven't started so I intervened.

"What is it Sakayanagi-kun? We're getting ready to start." Katsuragi said, approaching me.

"I have an idea for this round. Its a one time trick so please listen to me since it might work."

Katsuragi and Hirata, as well as most of the team intently listened to what I had to say.

"You think it'll work?" Katsuragi asked.

"Class A is defending. Although they're our enemies, they're still nice people. Besides like I said this is a one time trick, so next round you can go back to whatever your initial plan was."

"Ahaha, its crazy enough that it might actually work. Let's try it Katsuragi-kun." Hirata said.

"Your call, since your class is attacking anyway."

This'll be the funniest display I'll ever see.

___________________________________

Ayanokouji POV

Though the game was called capture the flag, all we had to do was knock down the pole that represented the flag above it and we get the point. Sakayanagi-kun's plan might actually work here.

The less-aggressive students included Ike, Yukimura, and myself. We slowly brought up the rear. Like us, the A and D group had neatly divided their forces between offense and defense. It looked as though Class A truly was defending the flag in the first round like Sakayanagi-kun said. They waited for us up ahead.