chapter 44; 4x20

In the few days after Luna's humanity turned on, she finally experienced happiness

In the few days after Luna's humanity turned on, she finally experienced happiness. She excepted the next few weeks to be unbearable and miserable, but they weren't. Because of Klaus. She rolled over on her side and watched quietly as he slept, the bed covers only covering the lower part of his body.

A moment of peace passed before Klaus' eyes opened slightly, just enough to see Luna, "Why are you staring?" He teased with a grin, lifting his head slightly.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm just observing. You're leaving soon, are you not?" Luna raised her brows as Klaus dropped his head back onto the pillow with an overdramatic grunt. Even though she was joining him later on today, she had spent every minute with him for the last week. It was safe to say she was second-guessing staying in Mystic Falls, even though it was only for a few hours.

"Then come with me," His smile grew as he leaned forward to connect his lips with Luna. Once they were centimetres apart, the siphon turned her head away from him and get out of bed, carelessly throwing one of Klaus' large shirts on her smaller frame. He pouted before climbing out of bed; he sped in front of Luna to keep her from going anywhere, "Why do I miss you already?" His hands rested on her hips as Luna's hands moved up to the nape of his neck.

"Because you love me." She shrugged, biting her lip to keep her grin from growing. His lips brushed against hers and he pulled Luna's body closer to his, removing any space left between them. Just as the kiss became heated, he pulled away from the brunette and a frown came across her face, silently begging him to stay for a few more minutes.

"I'll see you in a few hours." He whispered before pressing a parting kiss on her forehead. Once the door shut and she was sure Klaus was gone, she rushed into their ensuite bathroom and threw up. She held her hair back as she coughed into the toilet, a sickly feeling she hadn't experienced in centuries rushing through her new, human body.

She sat down on the cold bathroom tiles beside the toilet, afraid she would be sick again. Even as a child, she despised being sick. After she became a vampire she didn't think she would have to face that problem ever again, but she was wrong.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice call her name loudly, "Luna!" Rebekah yelled.

"In here!" She yelled back weakly, tying her thick hair back before resting her hand on her stomach. Rebekah entered the bathroom seconds later, her face turning in disgust when she saw her best friend sitting on the floor.

"You look awful."

Luna scoffed, "Thanks, I'm sick. If you didn't notice." She gestured to the toilet bowl before burying her head in her arms in an attempt to make the stomach ache go away.

"You're sick? In the morning? You have morning sickness?" Rebekah asked, putting emphasis on the last two words and a knowing look came across her face.

"You know, you've said some stupid crap in your time but I think this wins." Luna retorted. There was no chance she was pregnant. It was impossible. The siphon was sure this was merely a stomach ache, perhaps her body is still adjusting to the drastic change that happened only a week ago.