chapter 24; 3x18

you give love a bad name- bon jovi "you promised me heaven, then put me through hell

"you promised me heaven, then put me through hell."

The sun shone onto Luna's eyes and they fluttered open and she adjusted to the brightness. She slowly slid out of Klaus' bed, hoping she wouldn't wake him. She studied his sleeping figure for a moment before quickly turning away. She couldn't believe what she had done, she couldn't believe after holding a grudge for ninety years, she finally let it go. 

She thought she'd feel guilty, Luna thought she'd feel a knot in her stomach and a heavy weight on her shoulders, but she felt light. She felt somewhat happy. It didn't feel like she had made a mistake, it was probably the best choice she had made in a long time.  

She quickly picked up her clothes and they were on in a second thanks to her vamp-speed. She tip-toed to the door as her phone buzzed in her pocket for the millionth time. She sighed deeply as she took it out of her jacket pocket. 

From: Damon 

Where are you? 

Are you gonna ignore me forever? 

Are you dead or something? 

If you don't pick up, I'm calling Bonnie and I'm gonna force her to do a locator spell. 

Just as she went to respond to her brothers message, a voice from behind cut her off, "Are you sneaking out?" 

She stiffened slightly and she turned on her heels to face Klaus, "It's been two days, I need to go back." She answered as her cheeks flushed red. 

"I thought you were on a Salvatore brother break?" He questioned as he got out of bed and walked closer towards her with a smug smile. 

She threw her head back with a sigh before talking, "I was. But like I said, it's been two days. I have to go back." 

"That's fine, I have somewhere I need to be anyways." Klaus said vaguely as he reached for his shirt.

"Where?" She asked as she watched him pull his shirt over his head. She looked up to meet his eyes, his grin never faltering. 

He grabbed her wrist gently and pulled her out of the room, "I'm going to find Finn, get his blood and have my siblings unlinked." Klaus told her. 

"I'm guessing you need me to do it?" Luna deadpanned. Klaus stopped and turned to face her. 

Klaus' silence was her answer, she exhaled deeply and she studied his pleading look. She nodded in agreement. 

"So, are you staying?" 

Luna opened her mouth to answer,  but the sound of the front door opening quickly cut her off. She stepped back from Klaus, barely realising how close together they were. Their heads quickly turned to see who had entered and Luna was relieved to to see Rebekah.