chapter 42; 4x18

mad hatter-melanie martinez  "so what if i'm crazy? the best people are

"so what if i'm crazy? the best people are."

After searching many cities to no avail, Elena introduced the idea to stop for a drink. Luna, being Luna, couldn't turn it down. Luna sped into a parking space on the side of the street and get out, Elena followed her shortly after, "Why are we stopping?" Rebekah asked indignantly. 

" We've searched three cities in the last 24 hours, I'm sick of Top 40 radio, and I smell like leather," Elena answered her question but she didn't turn around to face the Original. 

Luna turned around and looked at Rebekah who was very frustrated at how carefree the two were, "And we're hungry." She added. 

"And that's my fault? You are the one who stole the list of Katherine's possible whereabouts, did you ever think that Damon had bad information?" Rebekah argued with Elena, ignoring Luna's remark about being hungry. 

"Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice?" Elena shot back as she looked around for a potential meal. Finally, she spotted a red-haired woman walking to her car. She looked polite and naïve enough to be tricked. 

"Too bad. We're not done. Get in, next town." Rebekah yelled as she eyed the two girls furiously. She was angry at their lack of effort, even after promising they were all working towards the same thing. 

"Come on, Rebekah. Don't act like you're not a bit hungry. It's been almost a whole day since you've eaten someone." Luna tried to convince her. A playful smile appeared on her face but the Original wasn't pleased. She wanted the cure more than she wanted to indulge in blood. 

"We're not here for a pub crawl, Luna! I want the cure, Katherine has it. We don't stop until we find her." She argued. Luna waved her off with a flick of her hand and she turned around. Elena was already gone and talking to the random lady. Luna approached when Elena was just about to dig her fangs into the woman's neck. 

"Katherine, what are you doing?" The woman yelped. Elena pulled away and Luna raised her eyebrow at the woman. 

"You know me?" Elena replied with a sweet smile and a hint of confusion in her voice that she played off easily to gather information from the woman. 

She was clearly swayed by Elena's acting and the red-haired woman replied, "Of course. And I know most people around here prefer you to feed from the neck, but I asked you to drink from my wrist, remember?" She pulled back her sleeve, revealing two puncture marks on her wrist. 

Rebekah laughed at what Katherine had done, "The conniving little bitch compelled the whole town." Luna silently applauded what she had done, it was quite impressive she had the patience the compel every single person. 

"I think we just found Katherine," Elena smiled at the two girls before turning back to the woman to question her further, "What's my full name?"

"Katherine Pierce. I love the new 'do, by the way." She complimented the Gilbert.