chapter 33; 4x08

when will i see you again- shakka "you know, you know ill see you again

"you know, you know ill see you again."

"This is a disaster!" Caroline exclaimed from the living room as Luna walked in. She pulled her leather jacket over her white top and watched the duo's conversation. Staying at Caroline's was refreshing, but anxiety crept in. Still no messages from Klaus. Seeing no notifications on her phone panicked her immensely. So she was glad Caroline and Stefan were talking about something else; Luna saw their conversation as a distraction from all her problems. 

Though it was yet another issue they had to deal with, it wasn't about Klaus. So Luna was okay with the topic of the conversation -- even though the antagonist of the talk was one of her least favourite people at the moment. 

"Look, we don't know anything for sure," Stefan told Caroline as he folded up a blanket. 

"Yes, we do," Caroline shot back, "Elena is sired to Damon. Which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy. Just like Klaus and his hybrids." The distressed Forbes pushed herself off the pillar she was leaning on and walked closer towards Stefan, stress and worry dripping from her tone. 

"No, it's not. A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way." Stefan suggested, trying to work a way around the facts. He was clearly in denial about the situation and he wanted nothing more than hope that the sire bond didn't exist, and that he had a chance of getting back with Elena. 

"And what if this is that one-in-a-million situation?" The heretic asked as she sat down on the couch, moving aside the blanket. She didn't want to be pessimistic, even though she always did, but her brother was trying to avoid the truth, and that would end with him being more hurt than before. All because he couldn't face the facts. 

Stefan paused before speaking. Luna could see a war being waged in his mind as he thought about the possibility, "Then, we'll figure it out."

"It's already affecting her," Caroline continued, "She's become Damon's lapdog," The older of the two Salvatore's raised his brows, "It's true. Everything he says, she agrees with. Everything he asks her to do, she does." Caroline went on, ignoring Stefan's skeptical looks she gave her with every word she spoke.

"We need to do something." The blonde said as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and started messaging someone. 

Stefan walked towards her to keep her from telling anyone else about what they had figured out previously, "Wait, no. Hold on, Caroline, this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know what's happening for sure." 

"I need to talk to Tyler, okay? Maybe he'll know what to do." Caroline explained, clearly not liking the idea of Elena with Damon. But Luna wasn't convinced that Tyler would know anything about a vampire sire bond. 

"Alright, talk to Tyler, but please don't tell anyone else. If this is true, then it may have influenced Elena's every action and emotion since she became a vampire," Stefan told her. After a moment of silence, Stefan turned to Luna, "Do you think Klaus would know anything about this?"