chapter 41; 4x17

heart-shaped box- nirvana  "i've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks

"i've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks."

Rebekah cared for Luna very much. She had many admirable qualities, but without her humanity -- Rebekah could barely tolerate her. She was aware Luna was a bitch, but Rebekah was never on the receiving end of her rudeness. It was noticeable that Kol's death had taken a toll on her; Rebekah was dreading the aftermath. 

In some ways, Luna having her humanity off was a good thing. It kept her from accepting her best friend's death but it kept her from taking more lives. If she turned her humanity on, all her emotions would merge into one: hunger. And Luna's hunger was insatiable. 

Suddenly, the car stopped and Rebekah peered out the window and observed the bar, "Did you come here when you were in New York a few days ago?" She asked, trying to diffuse the tension between the two by asking an innocent question. 

"Nope. I was with Grace Gilbert. Her bar is not too far from here. And it's nicer than this place." She responded with disgust as she looked at the bar out of the same window Rebekah had. 

The blonde Original's head quickly turned to the heretic, "Gilbert? Related to Elena?" 

Luna nodded nonchalantly; she wasn't sure why Rebekah seemed so confused by this, "She was my friend in 1863. From what I know, she and Katherine were both running from Klaus, they faked their deaths, Katherine double-crossed her, and then I ran into her in the forties." 

"Did you know she was a vampire?" Rebekah questioned, somewhat intrigued by how much Luna knew about Grace and her story. 

"Does it matter?" Luna sassed, "Now, are we going to go in and kick Damon's ass or reminisce about Grace and her life story?" Rebekah rolled her eyes as she opened the door to exit the car. Luna smirked at the blonde's irritation and opened the car door, stepping out. 

Rebekah shot Luna a look as if to ask if she was ready. To answer her silent question, Luna sped into the bar and kicked Damon in the back, making him fall to the floor with a thud and a groan of pain, "Hello, big brother." She greeted mockingly. She then looked up at a very shocked Elena and gave her an innocent wave. 

Then, another speeding figure picked Damon up off the floor and slammed his head against the table hard enough for him to draw blood, "Following a lead without me? Poor form, Damon." Elena's shock then morphed into confusion, but Rebekah just smiled as Elena tried to figure out what the Original was talking about. 

"I have to say I'm a little hurt, Damon," She mocked before releasing his head. Damon groaned his head pounded and his back ached, "I thought we made a good team. Not without its fireworks, but what classic pairing isn't?"

"Wait. What the hell are you talking about?" Elena demanded, still not understanding what Rebekah was talking about. 

"Damon's following a lead to the cure. I'm following him. Notice your name never came up." Rebekah outed Damon, making Elena turn to Damon with something that looked like anger and she exclaimed: