chapter 40; 4x16

snap out of it- arctic monkeys  "i heard that you fell in love or near enough

"i heard that you fell in love or near enough."

Flashback -  New Orleans 1866.

Klaus approached the compound, a confused expression coming across his face. He heard screams of agony coming from inside. It sounded as if people were being ripped from their beds and dragged into hell. Slowly, the final scream ceased and then there was pure silence. He didn't know if the deafening silence or the bloodcurdling screams scared him more. He was anxious; he didn't know if he should turn around and leave or see what was happening behind the walls. 

But, he went in. And Klaus regretted it. He stepped inside only to see blood smeared across the walls, mutilated bodies, and limbs discarded as far as he could see. He had killed many people, but he had never seen something as gruesome as this. 

He looked down at the floor only to see himself standing in a pool of crimson blood. Worry was the next thing he felt. Klaus knew who had done this and he was terrified that she was capable of this. Only a moment after he heard the sound of fangs impaling skin. The Original slowly walked over bodies towards the stairs, where more corpses were piling up. 

He took a deep breath before opening the door where he could hear Luna killing another person. In the middle of the room which was painted red by blood, the love of his life was ripping open a man's neck. 

He couldn't hear a heartbeat, so he was dead, and he was probably dead for a while. But that didn't stop Luna from draining every drop of blood from his body. He was horrified. Not only at the state of his home, but that Luna was the reason dozen of people had died -- at what he assumed was a short amount of time. 

She looked up at him for a moment as she caught her breath. She licked the blood off her lips as she maintained eye contact with him. After what seemed like hours to Klaus, she tore her eyes away from him and she turned back to the body that was in her arms. Veins appeared from underneath her eyes and she dug her fangs back into the same spot until every drop of blood was in her system. 

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:* 

Once Luna pulled up to the Salvatore Boarding House, she could hear music playing from the inside. She smiled and thought of it as a welcome home gift. She could see people outside of her home drinking and talking; she had no doubt there would be many potential meals inside. 

And she wasn't disappointed. Her house was crawling with teenagers that were drinking out of plastic cups, and she immediately scanned the crowd to find her next victim. In the middle of doing so, she saw Stefan, Caroline, and Elena. The Gilbert instantly connected eyes with her and Luna's cold expression was the same as Elena's. Elena walked through Stefan and Caroline and sped towards the heretic.