chapter 34; 4x09

counting stars- one republic  "everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

"everything that kills me, makes me feel alive."

A sliver of light entered the room through the curtains, instantly waking Luna up. She brought her hands up to her face to rub the tiredness out of her eyes. Seeing the light was like hope, but she wasn't welcomed with a warm feeling; she was filled with dread. She knew what she had to do today, she just didn't know if she'd be successful. 

She turned her head to the left as she tucked loose strands of her behind her ear, expecting to see Nik asleep beside her, but he wasn't there. Her brows furrowed in thought as she wondered: where was he? 

One of her many worries was quickly put at bay when she heard Klaus rabbling about his artwork to someone else, whose voice she couldn't make out. She squinted her eyes, trying to match the voice to a face. After a moment of listening in, her eyes widened once she realised it was her older brother. 

Now that she knew it was Stefan, it begged the question: why was Stefan talking to Klaus? Luna assumed it had something to do with the cure -- since Stefan was desperate to make sure Elena was human again. 

Her eyes scanned the room, searching for any articles of clothing to replace her pyjamas. She picked up one of Klaus' maroon henleys, which was hanging off the dresser. She removed her current shirt and pulled Klaus' over her head, inhaling his comforting smell of sandalwood and lavender. 

She searched through the drawers of the dresser as she looked for a pair of jean shorts or anything to change into. As she was digging through the drawer, something cut her finger. She furrowed her brows and moved a pair of joggers to reveal one of Klaus' daggers. Her eyes lit up in realisation; she realised she could use the dagger to locate Rebekah. 

Luna took the closest pair of black shorts and wasted no time pulling them on. She grabbed the dagger and shoved it into a black duffel bag. The heretic inhaled deeply before making her way downstairs to figure out why Stefan was here and then getting the hell out so she could find her best friend. 

The blonde was right behind one of Nik's many hybrids. Once she stepped into the room, his eyes instantly found hers and she shot her a quick, warm smile which Luna returned. She wasn't sure if her smile was fake or genuine, but she didn't have time to debate on the thought. 

Luna's confusion on her feelings towards Klaus drifted away but was quickly replaced by curiosity when she remembered who was standing next to her, "What are you doing here?" Her voice was so quiet, she wasn't even sure he heard her. But his enhanced hearing caught her question. 

He slowly turned to Luna, "Good morning to you too, little sister," He didn't say another word to Luna. Instead, he turned his attention to the Original hybrid. Luna was baffled by his attitude and she wondered where it came from. Did Damon not set Elena free? Was Stefan pissed because Damon broke his promise? So many questions ran through her mind and no answers appeared.