chapter 36; 4x11

cherry- lana del rey "darling, darling, darling, i fall to pieces when i'm with you

"darling, darling, darling, i fall to pieces when i'm with you."

The sound of running water being shut off and two very familiar voices woke Luna up from her short slumber. She brushed through her hair with her hands, trying to wake herself up fully. She waved her hand slightly and the curtains opened and sunlight poured into Luna's room. She instantly regretted her choice but chose to ignore the light.

Her eyes widened when she recognised Rebekah's voice. She wasted no time entering Stefan's room and trying to figure out what happened and why her brother and best friend were suddenly talking. Once she stepped through his door, both heads snapped towards the heretic. Instead of asking a question, she raised her brows and waited for them to explain - her thoughts were self-explanatory considering the circumstances. She placed her hands on her hips and waited for a response, "We have a plan--" Stefan started, before being cut off by Rebekah.

"--to get the cure first," She finished his sentence with a proud smile. The heretic squinted her eyes at the Original in confusion, but her smile which was laced with excitement didn't falter. Before Luna could even ask why they decided to work together, Rebekah turned to Stefan and continued with their previous conversation, "We're at a bit of a disadvantage in this whole race for the cure. Team Klaus has Jeremy the hunter, team Shane has Bonnie the witch--"

"If you're here to remind me of our last place status, I'm very well aware." Stefan cut her off with sarcasm. He wasn't thrilled that he was left with Rebekah, one of the vampires who contributed to his ex-girlfriend's death. And Luna, who had suddenly been drafted into their team, was his sister, who was the other vampire responsible for Elena's death.

"Actually I have a plan. The cure is buried with Silas, that ancient evil guy my brother Kol is afraid of. Shane was so eager to prove his existence that he gave away that he has one of the keys to resurrecting him, his headstone." Rebekah explained as she looked between the siblings, reading their reactions to her plan. Honestly, Luna thought her plan was smart. Having the tombstone would ensure everyone else would have to go to them to get it.

"I see. You wanna steal it." Stefan said with a nod. His whole demeanour had changed. He was more impressed with her plan to get ahead than angry.

"Yes, and then Team Shane will have to join Team Rebekah, and Team Klaus will be left out in the cold where he belongs." She said with a smirk.

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

The trio arrived at the professor's office and started rummaging through all his belongings, but they didn't find the headstone. All Luna found was useless little trinkets and books which looked older than her, "Well. Headstone's not here." Stefan called out.

"Don't be so pessimistic," She turned her head to face him, looking away from the bookshelf across from her, "It's here. It's just hidden very well." She replied, her voice trailing off towards the end of the sentence.