chapter 14; 3x02

black out days-phantogram "and stay away, away, away"

"and stay away, away, away"

Smoky Mountains

Luna had never wanted to be in Mystic Falls as badly as she did now. She was aching to go back. She never expected to be feeling like this, she didn't think her desire to go back to Mystic Falls would be so powerful. Luna wanted to go back to the place which was the root of all her problems, and it drove her crazy.

Not only were these thoughts tormenting her, but Stefan and Klaus were throwing sarcastic comments at one another. Sometimes, she wasn't even involved in their conversations. Luna was just forced to listen to their pointless bickering and it made her wonder why she was there to begin with.

"Are you okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus started.

"I'm fine." Stefan responded bluntly, not wanting to converse with Klaus.

"You sure about that?" Klaus continued.

Luna groaned. She was tried of listening to their meaningless conversations. Klaus grinned and her reaction and slung his arm around her shoulder, knowing it was aggravate her further.

"Get your arm off me or I'll set it on fire." Luna glared at him. He complied with an amused look before turning back to Stefan, "We've been walking for quite some time now. Do you need some water or a little sit-down?"

"You know, I get we're stuck together but if we could maybe just skip the chit-chat, it'd be great." Stefan shot back.

"So much brooding." Klaus started, but Luna zoned out and his words were quieting. Luna was taking in her surroundings, even though they were looking for a pack of wolves and Stefan and her were probably in the worst situation possible, Luna still wanted to appreciate the little things. It was one of the things she enjoyed doing most as human. When she was really concentrated, she would be able to focus on the smallest things. It was a simple thing to do, but she enjoyed it. But her ability to do so was taken away when she first turned. Even with heighted senses, where she'd be able to see everything clearer and better, she couldn't focus. She wasn't sure if it was because of the magic rushing through her veins, or the blood-lust. But after a while, she learnt the control her blood-lust, barely but she could, and her magic.

Eventually, Klaus' voice loudened and she heard him say they had found the pack. Luna and Stefan went towards the pack. Everyone turned to look at them, taking notice of one of their own over Stefan's shoulder. He carelessly threw Ray onto the ground for the werewolves to see.

"Ray. Oh, my god." A woman said, fear lacing her voice. She ran towards Ray and crouched down to aid him. "What's going on?" She muttered. They both looked up at the duo with defensive stances, prepared to attack.