chapter 17; 3x05

same outfit as last chapter(:

what do they know?- mindless self indulgence"mess me up beyond all recognition"

"mess me up beyond all recognition"

Mystic Falls

The only emotion Klaus could feel was betrayal. After Luna confessed to everything and admitted to the secrets and lies, Klaus was blinded by rage, and his temper tantrum did in fact leave Luna with a snapped neck. She was in and out of consciousness. Every time she could feel life pouring back into her, it was immediately ripped away as punishment. Every time she could feel her body begin to gain power, she was pulled back in the cold void. No matter how many times Luna would die - temporarily or not - she would never get used to the feeling. 

She never really considered what her victims were thinking when she would drain the life out of them. She had control over their lives and she didn't give a second thought to their dreams, hopes, family. Anything. She was the one who could make the choice if they would live or die. And she chose death. She condemned others to an eternity of darkness and emptiness. She cursed others to feel what she was feeling right in this moment. Only for Luna, it was fast. A quick neck snap forced her into a temporary slumber. And she would come back, the people she killed wouldn't. 

Eventually, she could feel herself beginning to wake up. Luna expected to feel her neck snap and she was prepared for it. But, there was no neck snap. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes and looked around. Her vision was blurry and she could barely make out where she was. Once it focused, she saw Rebekah standing over her. She could feel her grow nervous when she saw the Original, she looked around and saw that Stefan wasn't next to her. 

Luna's gaze went from the empty space on the ground to Rebekah. She wasn't sure if Rebekah was angry at her for lying about Elena being alive. Luna didn't know what she was going to do. But since Stefan wasn't laying next to her, she assumed the worst. She didn't know where they were or how long she'd been unconscious. After a few moments of silence, Luna decided to speak up, "Where are we?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper. 

"Don't ask questions you already know the answers to." Rebekah said, walking towards her. 

Her jaw clenched and she restrained herself from moving away with every step Rebekah took towards her. Although she was her best friend, and they have been best friends for decades, Luna was scared of her. Probably for the first time in their whole friendship, did Luna feel she was going to be on the receiving end of Rebekah's anger. Instead of attacking her, Rebekah simply helped her up. 

"I understand why you kept it a secret, but you have to understand that Nik will not. He expected you and your brother to be loyal and you ended up betraying him," Rebekah started. Luna didn't say anything. Her eyes were wide while she watched the blonde, prepared for anything. It was as if Rebekah could sense her fear, so she spoke, "I'm not going to hurt you."