chapter 22; 3x15

the night we met-lord huron  "oh take me back to the night we met

"oh take me back to the night we met."

Flashback - New Orleans, 1865

Luna loved walking through New Orleans, it felt like home. She grew up in Mystic Falls, but the French Quarter was more of a home to her. Maybe it was because of the Originals and how they welcomed her. 

She knew the danger she was in being associated with the Originals, but with her new-found power, she could protect herself. Nik had given her a necklace filled with magic that Luna was itching to siphon. The feeling of the cool metal against her chest, mixed with the warm feeling of power tempted her constantly. But, she promised herself she would only use it when she was in danger. 

As she got further away from the Mikaelson compound, she couldn't feel the necklace anymore. Her hand reached up to her neck and her heart dropped when she realised it was gone. She guessed it had fallen off as she was walking. In a panic, she quickly went back the way she came and her eyes scanned the floor for the necklace, but she couldn't find it. 

Suddenly, she felt a force push her into an alleyway. And that force wasn't human, it was magic. Luna groaned in pain as she tried to focus her vision to see who had attacked her. She saw three figures approaching her slowly and she tried to sit up, but she must've broken something. 

"Luna Salvatore." One of the voice spoke, getting louder as they approached her. 

"What do you want?" Luna groaned, failing to hide a grimace. The three only got closer to her and finally she could see their faces, but she couldn't recognise them. 

"Klaus killed my sister," One of the witches started, crouching down in front of the Salvatore, "And since you're vulnerable without your precious necklace-" 

"You'd decided to come a kill me." Luna finished, her vision blurring. She tried to keep her voice as steady as possible and push the fear away, but she couldn't. She didn't want to die. But the witches were right, she was vulnerable. 

"Please, don't." Luna begged, shaking her head. She tried to look for an escape, but it was a dead end. There was nowhere she could run to, this was her fate. She was going to die. 

Luna's eyes followed the witches movement. She saw her reach into her pocket and pull out a silver dagger. Luna tried to move back, but the pain in her chest stopped her. She hissed in pain and she turned back to look at the witch, who had an evil grin on her face. 

"Apologies, this is probably going to hurt." She said as she pressed the dagger to her neck and slit her throat. Luna's hands went up to her neck as she gasped for air. Her hands were stained with crimson as she fell back. 

She fought to keep her eyes open, knowing if she closed them she'd be consumed by darkness. But after a mental battle, her eye lids started to feel heavy and she could no longer keep them open. It was as if someone was forcing them shut.