chapter 39; 0x00

mad hatter- melanie martinez  "so what if i'm crazy? the best people are

"so what if i'm crazy? the best people are."

"It looks nice." Grace complimented Luna's freshly dyed hair as she and the heretic walked down the busy streets. The shined annoyingly bright and the two tried to avoid bumping into people as everyone tried to walk down the cramped pavement. 

"I know, right," Luna replied, not even turning to give her a second glance. Instead, she observed the people and who was going to be her next meal. 

"You could be a bit kinder. I just complimented you." The vampire scolded, sounding slightly offended. But she instantly regretted her words when she recalled that she was talking to an emotionless, cold-hearted bitch. 

"At least I acknowledged it," She turned to her with a confused look, an expression which conveyed that she was convinced her response was perfectly nice. She looked at a pair of boys talking on the side of the street -- they looked naïve enough to be seduced by the two girls, "You wanna eat them?" Luna asked, pointing to them. 

"Which one do you want?" Grace narrowed her eyes at the duo, silently taking her pick; Luna did the same. 

"The blonde," She responded and she turned to the vampire beside her, who seemed pleased with her choice. Luna strutted towards the men and Grace followed closely behind. She approached them with a sinister grin, and they ate her act up, "Hello, boys." 

She noted how flustered they became so quickly. Grace gave a polite smile to the boy beside the blonde. But the way they were going to rip them apart was anything but polite. Luna looked into the blonde boy's eyes and compelled him, "You're going to follow me and you're not going to say a word."  

She didn't even wait to see if Grace had finished compelled her meal. Luna walked off with the blonde hot on her tail, following her like a lost puppy. She walked into an alleyway, far from any people -- but not far enough for them not to hear their screams. From the corner of her eye, she saw the brunette vampire walk into the same alleyway. 

Luna inhaled and extracted her fangs with pleasure and watched the boy's face morph from confusion to fear. She dug her fangs deep into his neck and sucked him dry within seconds. Normally, she'd take more time and let her victim think they could get away, but she was just hungry this time. 

Eventually, his head fell from his shoulders and dropped to the floor, his body following moments after. Grace was already wiping the blood from her mouth, she had finished before Luna. The heretic's fangs escaped back into her gums and she looked down at the corpse lying before her feet. She wiped away the blood from her mouth and licked the blood from her fingers, "Truth be told, I thought he'd taste better." 

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

Another party emerged in Grace's bar and Luna had already drunk her way through it. It was the same as every night: blinding neon light's ricocheted off the walls, music played loud enough to make mortal ears bleed played from speakers and bodies pumping with blood surrounded Luna as she danced alongside them. Thick, black eyeliner encircled her eyes and an outfit that would make any man drool rested on her body.