chapter 35; 4x10

pumped up kicks- foster the people "you better run, better run, faster than my bullet

"you better run, better run, faster than my bullet."

As a child, Luna didn't go to her mother's funeral. Stefan went, Damon went, Giuseppe went, but Luna couldn't find the energy to attend her mother's funeral. For an eleven-year-old, she couldn't even grasp the concept of losing anybody - especially her mother who she was very close to. In a house full of men, her mother was the only other person she could turn to and connect with on another level. And when that connection was severed, she felt like a part of her soul had died. So she knew exactly what was going through Tyler's head.

Though the situation wasn't as severe anymore for many reasons, Luna could never forget how she felt when she learned her mother had passed. Losing anyone never got easier, even if they didn't die but it felt like they had.

Luna snapped back into reality and made sure the invisibility spell she had placed over herself and Rebekah was still up. She turned to Rebekah who was already looking at her and gave her a soft smile, "What were you thinking about?" The Original asked her best friend quietly.

"You don't need to whisper, we're cloaked," Luna spoke louder than usual to ensure they're protected. She didn't answer the question straight away only because she didn't want to go back to the day she died. Again, the situation wasn't as severe, but she could never forget the pit that formed in her stomach that created a black hole that sucked up all positive feelings and memories, leaving her empty. She remembered the sleepless nights, the days she spent in her room - maybe even weeks. She'd occasionally eat something or take a sip of water, but Luna truly believed her downfall started at her mother's death.

It seemed like Luna had slipped back into her own world, and she only became aware of this when she felt Rebekah's warm hand touch her arm. Luna's head turned to face Rebekah again, "You didn't answer my question." Rebekah said and Luna couldn't decipher what she was feeling - her tone was almost teasing, but her expression was slowly flooding with concern.

"Uhh," Luna's mind went blank for a moment, trying to organise her thoughts into a sentence, "I was thinking about my mother." She finally mumbled. She noticed Rebekah's stare burning into the side of her face. But Luna didn't turn to meet her eyes. She grabbed her arm and uncloaked the two, clearly catching Rebekah by surprise. The heretic tilted her head to the side, silently telling Rebekah to follow her.

The Salvatore and the Mikaelson stared directly in the direction of Elena Gilbert, who was already staring off into the distance, and caught sight of the two blondes. Elena looked away and blinked, and Luna could laugh at how hard she was trying to convince herself that Rebekah wasn't alive and not rotting in a coffin in a cave. Before Elena could even turn to see if she could catch another glimpse of the two, they had already sped out of the auditorium.

April Young was in the hallways, crying, a distraction set up by Rebekah. She knew how Elena cared about the human girl, and she decided to use it to her advantage. The Originals trap worked perfectly as Elena was already comforting April. Luna and Rebekah were in the hallway, cloaked and Elena had no clue.