chapter 29; 4x03

dark red- steve lacy "something bad is 'bout to happen to me

"something bad is 'bout to happen to me."

an; this chapter is really long, sorry. 

Flashback

The cold air brushed against Luna's face as she stood at Wickery Bridge, the place she was at hours ago when she lead Matt and Elena to their deaths.

But she had no regrets.

She looked over into the water, Matt's truck still at the bottom of the lake. The moon was the only source of light. It set an eerie atmosphere, but Luna didn't feel uncomfortable or scared - she was miserable.

The love of her life was dead. And she had spent so much time hating him that she didn't even tell him how much she loved him. A hard blade of realisation impaled her; he was never coming back. No matter how much she hoped and wished she could see him again, he wasn't coming back.

She fiddled with her daylight ring repeatedly, slipping it on and off. As it came off and it rested in her palm, she hesitated as she went to put it back on. A tear finally fell, followed by another. And then a sob escaped her lips. She pressed her hand up to her mouth trying to muffle the cries. She felt like she was falling. Falling into an eternal darkness filled with pain and sadness.

Turning it off wouldn't make things any better, because she would still have to live without him.

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

Luna's eyes fluttered open, her brows furrowing slightly when she realised she wasn't laying on the mattress, but on something harder. She tilted her head up slightly to see Klaus. His eyes were trained on the wall in front of the two. He must've noticed Luna's staring as he looked down with a soft smile, "Hey." He said quietly before pressed a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey," She said back, her voice huskier than she expected, "How long have you been awake?" She questioned as he raked his fingers through her blonde hair.

"Not long. A few minutes," He replied. He looked down at her, "You okay?"

"Yep." She lied before slipping out of bed and approaching the mirror. She fingers softly traced over the dark circles underneath her eyes, a result of how little blood she was drinking. She hadn't looked this weak in years, and she didn't like it. She stopped examining herself when she felt Klaus' stare burning into the side of her face.

"So, what are you doing today?" He asked, his hands behind his head as he sat up on the bed.

"I'm hanging out with Rebekah," Luna told him as she brushed through her knotty hair. A grimace touched Klaus' face at the mention of his sister, which he was still angry with, but he was quick to hide his expression as Luna looked over, "Have you seen Rebekah? You know, since you've been back."