chapter 18; 3x08

[skipping episode 6 and 7 because i cant fit luna into it]

 sedona- sir chloe  "nothing even matters, just as long as youre mine"

sedona- sir chloe
"nothing even matters, just as long as youre mine"

The Salvatore Boarding House

Last night, while Bonnie was trying to figure out how to send the ghosts away, the ghost of Mason Lockwood led them to an underground cave under the Lockwood property. Unfortunately, Luna and Damon being vampires, they couldn't get into the cave. So, they called some of the only humans they trusted.

Elena and Ric walked through the underground tunnels carefully trying to find Luna and Damon. The light was bouncing off the caves rigid walls and they were watching their steps, making sure they weren't a victim of one the traps planted by the Lockwoods.

"Elena." Damon whispered making Elena turn around, scared by Damon's sudden appearance.

"God, Damon." Elena breathed out.

"Scaredy-cat." Damon sang. Luna rolled her eyes at Damon's childish behaviour and since he was boasting about the fact that he was able to scare the Gilbert, Luna decided to sneak up on him and she hoped he wouldn't expect it.

"Boo." She said, making Damon jump slightly. Elena and Ric laughed quietly at how Damon's plan to scare them backfired.

"And you knew I was here. Someone's a bit of a scaredy-cat." Luna mocked his previous words, making him scoff and roll his eyes.

"So you really can't get in?" Elena asked, her face dropping into a serious expression.

"No, it seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." Damon answered.

"And Luna hasn't tried siphoning it?" Ric asked.

"I did, but I wouldn't be able to get rid of the seal without overwhelming myself." Luna answered.

"What would happen if you overwhelmed yourself?" Elena questioned.

Instead of answering with words, Luna ran her index finger across her neck. Elena nodded in understanding and took a deep breath. She then walked past Elena and made her way towards the cave.

"This is as far as we get to go." Damon said, sticking his hand out to show them the direction they needed to go in.

Elena and Ric cautiously stepped into the ancient cave and pointed their flashlights in the direction of the drawings on the wall.

"What is all this?" Elena asked, her attention still on the the cave wall.

"As far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple archaeological terms, its a really, really old story." Ric answered.

"Original vampire old." Luna added, making Elena raise her eyebrows in the blondes direction.

"That right there is a moon cycle," Alaric continued, "A man. A wolf."