the past

"who's Greg?" He asked her while she got out of the shower.

"Someone from my past, why?"  She was nervous, they hadn't spoken since she was a teenager.

"He's been blowing up your phone for the first 15 minutes." He said in an annoyed tone.

He was also concerned. He knew of her dark past but it was something they only talked about when she wanted to speak. He never asked questions.

He handed over her phone after she dried herself off.

She returned his call and put the call on speaker.

"Hello?"

"What do you want Greg!!!" She was angry.

"I'm in town and Peter said you were off the market. This is news to me. What the fuck Sara?"

"It's none of your concern you left. You left me to fend for myself. It doesn't matter..."

"See me!"

Daddy's eyes widened as he listened on speaker phone. Greg was drunk. It was the middle of the afternoon on a weekend.

"I will definitely not be seeing your face Greg. After what you did to me. No. Forget I exist dude. "

She hung up on him and looked shocked. He stood there confused.

" What was that about? He left you?!"

She nodded.

She went into the closet to get get dressed. Lace panties and a bra with a tight black mini dress. She went over to the couch and hugged a pillow. She was flustered. She hated Greg even after all these years.

" He left me alone in New York City, alone at 4 o'clock in the morning for drugs. And another woman."

Daddy's jaw dropped. " He what?! When? Did I know you??? Were you sober?! I'm sorry I have so many questions "

" No I wasn't sober either. He got me drunk and high and we were heading home because we ran out of booze and nothing was open yet except for the trains"

He shook his head. " How did you get home?"

" I called Peter and he came to get me before going into work.... "

She hung her head.

" But you were dating that other guy ... "

" Doesn't mean I didn't have friends."

" But he's the one who you cammed with ... He wasn't your boyfriend? "

She shook her head. She was ashamed.

" He didn't want to be so we stayed friends and went to raves together. And cammed. He wasn't good for me but I thought he was."

" He left you alone in New York City, at eighteen and had no care for your well being... "He trailed off. He was angry at the new information. He thought how could someone throw this precious girl away like that?!

" Now you know why I'm broken. People just leave me. Alone. " She started to cry.

She was ashamed of her past. Who she did. What she did. She whispered "you were never supposed to know about him, about what he did to me."

She sniffled. " I keep my past close to my heart because it's been broken too many times. You've gotten me to open up over these past few years. Hell you shouldn't even have known that I was proposed to once. Or that I was used for money. Or that I drank before I was of age. That I drank to not feel anything. You should have never found out about that part of me. " She said with pain in his voice.