even at the worst times he made her better

He sat in his workshop, at his computer answering emails. He heard a knock at the door. "yeah?" He yelled to whoever was at the door.

The door slowly creaked open. He still is typing his email, he heard the door shut. He looked up, expecting to see an annoying colleague who knew better to bother him, to his surprise it was Sara.

"Princess? What's wrong is everything okay?!" He quickly says while rushing out of his chair. He noticed Sara looked upset, not herself.

Sara didn't say anything. He was worried. He finally pulled her into his arms. "Sara, what's wrong?" He quietly asked.

Still Sara says nothing. She just melted in his arms. She was carrying her work bag on one hand and her purse was across her body. Holding her tightly to his chest with one arm, he took her work bag and placed it down. Took off her purse and hung it on the hook next to them. He started to caress her hair which was very messy. Very unlike Sara. He knew something was wrong but didn't know what. He slowly guided her over to his desk chair and sat her down.

She hung her head and started to whimper. His concern grew stronger. He grabbed her shoulders with his hands, "Sara, I need you to tell me what's wrong. You're scaring me." He said sternly. "I can't help you if you don't tell me."

"I-I got. The-they." She stuttered while crying. "they fired me!" She wailed.

His jaw dropped in shock. "what do you mean they fired you?!"

"They said that. I wasn't performing enough. My team. My whole team. Everyone. Everyone was fired." She sobbed into her hands.

He knelt down in front of Sara and lifted her chin so he could see that beautiful face. "it's going to be-" he starting saying.

"I'm going to lose my apartment. I'll have to say goodbye to Peter. My apartment!" She sobbed harder.

"Sweetheart it's going to be okay." He said to her while pulling her in close to his chest.

She starting sobbing even harder. He knew that she just needed to be sad. He knew that in this moment, she just needed to be. He couldn't fix her right now. He slid her chair over a little and grabbed a second chair. He sat down and started franticly answering his emails again. He shot off all the emails he needed to in order to leave for the day. He picked up his phone and dialed his boss. "Hey boss, I need to take the rest of the day, I tied everything up that was needed."

"Sure let me know if something changes, hope everything is ok." His boss said to him hearing the concern in his voice, his boss never asked what was wrong, he'd probably find out later.

He packed his backup, grabbed his phone and coat. He got Sara's work bag, noticing how light it was, no laptop, no papers, he grew sadder. He didn't forget her purse. "Sara, let's go back to my place. I'm going to take care of you."

She stood up and crossed her arms along her chest without saying a word. She followed him out of his workshop, to his car. Just hanging her head down.

He helped her into his car. Placed their bags in the backseat and started the car after getting in the driver's seat.

"Can we stop for a milkshake before going to your house?" She whispered, faintly.

"She spoke!" He thought to himself. "Yes of course sweetheart."

He started driving to the diner that had the best milkshakes. "what kind do you want?" He asked before he got out of the car to order.

She was silent. He paused and waiting, never forcing her for an answer.

"Vanilla and chocolate." She muttered.

"Yes sweetheart... Fries too?" He asked.

All she did was nod, he remembered asking her what she needed when she was sad on their first walk together.