"So that night, I went back to the party after I dropped you home. They played truth or dare and they dared both me and Tammy. Tammy had to seek as many sweet spots in my neck as she could possibly find while I shouldn't be getting hard." He chuckles. "I guess it turned out pretty well." 

"Jesus, Mike. Is your whole neck a sweet spot?" He laughs at my words and walks up to his room. I follow him and lay down on his bed. "I thought I was weak." He gives me a slight push and laughs it off. 

"Hey, I didn't get hard. Who's the weaker one now, huh?" 

"Mike, I wanna get a tattoo as well," I say when I look at his. He raises a brow at me, curious about where it suddenly comes from. It's not that I despise them, but I was always very certain about it. It looks good on other people, but I think I'll regret it after it's been real. 

"How about you save that money for a new phone first, huh?" He grins at me. I truly hate it how I still don't have enough. I would've had enough if I put it all aside, but I can't do that. When I get my next paycheck I will have enough to buy a new one. "I was kinda thinking, maybe we could head back to our parents for today." I smile at him and nod. 

"Now?" He nods. "Mike, I smell like coffee." I groan. 

"So? It's better than the smoke scent you had last Saturday when you came back home." He says, looking at my facial expression. I am busted. "Didn't know you smoked, El." 

"Me neither." I groan. "The worst part is that I actually liked it." He sits up. 

"Just don't make it a habit. Everybody smokes occasionally." I roll my eyes at him. "But it doesn't matter if you smell like coffee. Their houses probably smell like coffee as well." He grabs my wrist and drags me along with him. "I'll drive." He says immediately. "Are we going to yours or mine first?" He asks me. 

"Mine, yours are more fun to be with," I tell him. "Do they know you and Tammy are a thing?" I ask him when we both sit in the car. He nods and a smile appears on his face. 

"They said that they always pictured us together, you and me," he says as he drives off campus. "I said that I've always seen you as my best friend and nothing more, nothing romantically. It wasn't quite shocking when they heard it was Tammy. They fucking love her, but they haven't met her yet. Like yes, they've seen her around, but they never actually got to know her. We did Facetime with them because it was quite hectic going there, but they told me they loved her." I smile at him. He is such a proud man to show off his girlfriend like that. He might not notice, but it's shown in how he talks about her. His facial expressions and his body language. I hope they'll find each other in every universe. 

"Can you stop by that gas station? I can get them some flowers." I tell him. He nods and drives off, so I can buy the flowers. We continue the drive as I step back in. 

➫➬➫➬➫➬➫➬

After a long time, we're finally at Michael's house. My parents couldn't stop talking. I can't exactly blame them. I barely seek any contact and I haven't updated them on a damn thing. It's more than normal, but my social battery was kinda running out. Michael parks the car in front of the door and before he can even knock, his mother opens the door. I smile at the two of them, they're adorable. 

"El! It has been such a long time! How are you?" I smile when she wraps her arms around me. Her hugs are so incredibly similar to Michael's. I hand her the flowers after she lets go of me. "These are so pretty, thank you so much, darling." She kisses my hair. 

"I'm doing great by the way. How are you doing?" I ask her when we walk inside the house. The scent of vanilla instantly lets me smile. This woman loves the smell of it and she will do everything to keep it this way. 

"I am doing just fine, I'm so happy to see the both of you." She smiles. "Daryl is getting us some pizza, he could get some straight after work." She tells me. Daryl is Michael's dad, they're basically the same person. It's crazy how much they're alike. "But I heard something about you and Ashton finally being a thing?" I smile weakly. 

"Yeah.." I say, not knowing what to tell her. This woman has always been a second mom to me, I can't lie to her. She'll see right through me. Michael gives me a glass of water and smiles reassuringly. "I'm thinking about ending things."

"He's too sweet for you, isn't he?" I furrow my brows a little. "Girls like you can't be with sweet guys. Don't get me wrong I love the two of you together. You've been wanting that ever since you were a teenage girl. But you're a feisty one, you need someone who spits some fire back instead of extinguishing it." 

"I think you might be right, but I want to think everything through. Otherwise, I'll regret it." She nods and turns to Michael, next to me.

"You and Tammy are still good, hickeyman." I chuckle at the nickname. "You better tell me those are hers." Michael chuckles and nods. 

"Of course, they are, mom." He says. "Yes, we're still together. Do you really think I'm letting go of that woman so easily? I'm gonna make her my wife." A smile grows on my face as I hear those words. He has never said that about any of his girlfriends. He never even thought about marriage, but I love that he's thinking about it now, because of her. He has only ever said that under the influence, but I never thought he'd say it sober.

"Your wife, huh?" Daryl says, walking into the living room with the pizza boxes. There's a slight smirk on his face. "We haven't even met her as your girlfriend. We've seen her maybe twice when you and El invited her, but she didn't even get the chance to talk to us." 

"I promise I'll come over soon with her," Michael says. "You will love her." He smiles brightly, grabbing one of the pizza boxes from his dad. 

"I just placed the usual order, so I hope that's alright." I smile at him and nod. "El, it's good seeing you again." 

"Likewise," I say while eating my pizza. We all start eating while the conversation doesn't stop. It's almost as if we've never been gone. Just like the old days. I love these two people with my entire heart. I can remember one time I was drunk, and Michael was very tipsy. His parents came home a day earlier, arriving some after midnight. We thought they wouldn't be there for another day. They came and I thanked them for having sex with one another, for creating Michael. Ever since that day, I can talk to them about literally everything. My parents were always very busy with Calum, their troublemaker. 

Luckily I always had a safe place, a place to hide away in. The place where Michael is will forever be my safe place. He's my soulmate. He will forever feel like home. 

➫➬➫➬➫➬➫➬

Not trying to give you guys any insights, but I've just written the most unholy chapter I've ever written and I'm not even sure to leave it in- I probably will, but damn that one is going to hit differently. 

I hope you guys like it so far!! 
Loads of love x