Jin. 11

- How many people know we're leaving?

- The group, Sejin, the big boss and my family. Y/N, no matter what happens with your parents, with mine... I will stay by your side. All I ask is...

- What is it? – She asked anxiously and worried.

- That you cook more often, because I'm beginning to believe that 95% of your love is towards my stews, not towards me.

She started laughing, relieved, grateful that Jin was trying to loosen the mood so she wasn't so tense.

- I can do that. Although I must tell you that it is more like 98% love for your stews.

- You kill me.

Y/N kissed him and then hugged him, staying like that for a while.

- Thank you.

- By the way, I have a gift from the big boss.

- You mean Bang Shi Hyuk? PD nim? Hitman Bang? - she asked with her mouth open.

- Himself, although now I can call him hyung. – He smiled proudly.

- What gift has the owner of BH given you?

- He has done it for us. He's arranged for us to take the jet to leave tomorrow. I think he is very fond of you.

- Of me? He doesn't know me at all, I don't even remember seeing him beyond the day I walked into the meeting room and all of you were there. Day that, by the way, you saved me by taking my salad and pretending that I was the delivery girl.

- Well, I guess he was impressed that despite everything that happened to you, you never crossed the line or took advantage of us.

- What an awful people with whom you are surrounded. What I did is what a normal person would do.

The travel's day had arrived.

- How do you handle those nerves? – He asked once they took off.

- I don't know if I need a painkiller or a glass of Ardbag.

- Neither. I will calm you down.

- Ok. Sing to me.

- Which one?

- Your favorite song.

- I'll try, but it's not easy. It has very high tones and I don't get there.

- Said the one with the triple step high notes in Crystal snow.

He started laughing.

- I admit it, it's my favorite song from our Japanese discography. I was nervous and needed something to comfort me. But the one I'm going to sing for you is called Wild flower, and it's by Park Hyo Shin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgiiyLp5pk&ab_channel=Jellyfishenter

The rental car started to approach the town and Y/N lowered the window despite the cold. The familiar scent brought back a multitude of memories that she had been repressing for half her life.

- Do you want me to park and go for a walk?

She simply shook her head. When Jin turned to look at her, he saw her nervous state and took her hand.

- Remember, whatever happens, it's not the end of the world.

- This was not a good idea.

- Calm down, Y/N.

- Stop. Stop.

Jin pulled over to the shoulder and she came out speed full. She threw up breakfast. He handed her a handkerchief to dry off and a bottle of water. He watched as Y/N stretched and breathed slowly to maintain control.

- I feel better now, thanks.

- Well enough to continue?

- I don't know. What I do know is that if I don't do it now, I never will.

A passing car slowed at the sight of them, then sped up.

- In about five minutes, everyone will know I'm here, good thing you haven't taken off your cap or mask.

- I'm counting on being recognized, Y/N. – smiled.

- We can continue.

- Wait. - He said taking her by the shoulders so that she looked him in the eye. - Listen to me. Don't forget that any time you give me the slightest sign, we can get out of here. We go to the mountains to snowboard, which I haven't practiced for a long time, and that's it. Agree? - She nodded. - Let's go then.

- But, first of all, to the hotel, please.

- Whatever you ask for.

The first thing Y/N did was take a shower, brush her teeth, and change her clothes. Only then did she feel ready to meet her parents.

- I'll wait outside. - Jin told her after kissing her on the forehead to cheer her up.

She knocked on the door and then walked into her family's house on shaky legs and quiet steps.

- Hello?

- They told me they saw you this morning but I didn't think it could be true.

- Hi, Mom. How are you?

- Me? I'm perfect. What are you doing here?

- Don't you want to know how I am?

- Why would I be interested?

- Because I'm your only child.

- Well, my only child didn't care about me all these years after disappointing me and abandoning me and her father, so I don't care anymore.

Y/N took a deep breath.

- No need to be so cruel.

- I will not be a hypocrite or a liar to make you feel comfortable.

- So, you're not even going to invite me for a cup of tea? Let's talk.

- Are you here to apologize? To tell me you've changed and will stay here doing what we expect from you?

Y/N didn't reply.

- I thought so.

- Mum...

- When you come to tell me how sorry you are for your behavior and how bad you feel for disappointing your parents, to whom you owed respect and loyalty, then we'll talk. Otherwise you know it's too late to greet you like I could easily forget what you did to this family with your rejection.

- You still don't understand it. It's not rejection, I just wanted to build my own path, which is neither better nor worse, but different from the one you built.

- I didn't build it, your grandmother built it for me and your great-grandmother before her. In life it occurred to me to think about disobeying them and hurting them.

- Does that mean you didn't want to either? That if you had chosen for yourself you would not be here? And you wanted to do the same to me? Would you have preferred me to have led a very sheltered life in the village but unhappy?

- Yes. Having you here, by my side. Go together, come back together. Enjoy my daughter's company.

- But do you think I would want to be by your side if you had made me unhappy?

- No matter. Now you're happy and you're not here either.

- Look at me, I came. You have me in front of you.

- I'm not stupid, Y/N. You have come with your man of marriageable age. I know what you want is my blessing. If it wasn't for that, I could have died and you wouldn't even know it.

- Because you told me not to come back... - she repeated in a whisper.

- The truth is that I don't care who you marry to, and I think you don't care about my opinion either. Do it with him or don't do it. – She said getting up.