Yoongi. 2

After that weekend, everything changed. The members had to work without resting preparing the Muster and the comeback after that: photos, teasers, mv, interviews, the next world tour... Yoongi was in his genius lab until he had no other choice, he locked himself up again until sunrise.

Y/N, meanwhile, was now in BH every day from first thing in the morning, and although they talked about her new schedule that would only be until midnight, the truth was that more than once she exceeded that time and decided to stay to spend the night what had already become, almost officially, her room.

With the members, her relationship went from cordial to friendly, but she had not yet requested an interview for the position in the offices. The exception was Jimin. He also changed, but to the opposite side, he became more diplomatic, he laughed with her too, but the two of them were never alone anymore. And, of course, his flirtation was completely over. She never again found his notes in the room when she got up, and never did a video call to her. It was hard, but understandable.

Sometimes she ate with some of the members but that was a rarity. They could be away and no see them for days. The thing was that she missed Yoongi. He didn't seem to remember their conversation and the song for his mixtape was postpone due to the release of the new album.

Y/N still had people who approach her but less than before, and most of the time it was nice people, like two girls about 11 years old who asked her about how Suga was in real life, if JK had a girlfriend and if she could give some presents to Tae from their part. One couple once wanted to take a selfie with her, but she refused politely, she wasn't important and wanted to maintain herself anonymous. But she had to deal too with some not very amicable. One journalist approached her to interview her and make an offer if she gave them something from the members, a lot of money if it was photos. She told them she wasn't interested but they continued following her while she was walking, and they tried to blackmail her saying they would publish she in fact was Suga's girlfriend and they had lied to everyone. But she wasn't the same girl as before, and they didn't know it.

-If you think you can scare me with that stupidity, you're wrong. Publish whatever you want, the only thing you're going to achieve is a lawsuit from BH that make you go to bankruptcy, and not even one Army will believe you. Good luck.

One night she stopped working so late that she knew she would have to sleep in BH again, but before, she went to the rooftop thanks to Namjoon, who gave her a key for her. It was a warm summer night and she was lying down on the floor looking at the stars.

- What are you still doing here?

-The same that other days? The fact is that you are in your bubble, in the cave that is your genius lab and you have not realized it. Sometimes I wonder how you managed to be aware of my existence when I was the cleaner.

-That's easy, your singing.

Yoongi laid down next to her, also looking up at the sky.

- Too tired? - he asked.

-No, it was worse with the classes. I was thinking the group is going to be travelling for three months.

-Well, we have the comeback first. Are you going to watch the vlive while we're doing it?

-I suppose I won't be here by then because I will have finished recording my part.

-And?

-I would be working.

-So, you finish your work, take the elevator, go down three floors and there we will be.

-I don't think so.

He sat cross-legged, looking at her.

-Shit! I see -he said while nodding -I gave you the perfect excuse for run away as you always wanted.

Y/N closed her eyes.

-If what you need is me telling you that we'll be together for you to stay, I'm sorry, I can't do it.

-I've never asked you for that, Yoongi.

-Then, what do you want?

Everything she had fought tooth and nail against had finally come true, perhaps because of that fight. She didn't want to meet them, she didn't want to be around them, she didn't want to work with them, she didn't want to be her friend, because now she was at the point where the idea of being forgotten, ignored, was tremendously painful. It didn't seem like she could work at BH watching the days go by slowly until she was just one more face in the building greeted just out of commitment, which would be worse than no greetings at all. The emptiness left by the seven would inflict a wound that, together with the one that had not been able to heal, would turn her into a living dead. And she knew it. So better to flee, yes, to flee first, don't even say goodbye, not to look back.

When she didn't answer, he tilted back his head and continued talking in a low voice.

-I told you a long time ago that I didn't want to be your stalker, remember? This time I'm not going to chase you either because I feel like the only thing that would make you change your mind, I can't give it to you. It's not fair then that I tell you more times to stay or still wanting your help for my mixtape.

- Thank you.

He nodded and got up. Their gazes met one last time.

-I'm sorry. - Yoongi said before leaving the rooftop.