JK. 7

- Tell me that you have not stayed here without going to Chuseok with your family just to record the Christmas song. - She asked seriously as soon as she entered the recording studio and saw Tae.

- I'm very excited about this project, but no, I have not stopped going to see my parents, siblings and pets for you. I have to shoot an ad and, as the rest were leaving, I preferred to take advantage. But Namjoon and JK will come back the day after tomorrow too, I guess you know.

She nodded and began to work. They were having a great time, he was all smiles, full of pride.

- You have been for a little less than a year and have improved a lot. I congratulate you.- he said with his big square smile.- Are you sure you prefer to be in the offices?

- I like to sing, I've never denied that, but I'm not good at holding the pressure.

- No? And what do you think you've been doing all this time that you've recorded with six different singers, with different producers, without having prior experience? And everyone was very satisfied with the results, what would be the difference?

- I've been backing vocals, not soloist. It's an important difference.

- Well, now you've done a duet. I'm sure BH would be happy to take the risk.

- But everything I've studied...

- Jin also got a career.

- I don't see myself being an idol.

- Don't be, be a soloist, you can even try it with the style of music you like. Think about it, okay?

- I like Younha.

- Really? Namjoonie loves her, he has even collaborated with her, maybe you could tell him. I'm sure he would make a suitable song for you. Can you imagine a collaboration with him?

Y/N started laughing.

- Why are you so excited?

- I don't know, maybe because we will have more in common.

- Tae, if I have improved so much, part of it has been thanks to you and your despicable way of treating me at first.

He touched the hair on the back of his head.

- I thought you were a sasaeng or a golddigger. I already told you I was sorry, I am also wrong sometimes.

- I never understood if you thought that, why you came up with the tweets with hastags and everything else.

- Everyone seemed to suffer a lot for you, so I decided to help out. By the way, you will come to my birthday celebration, right?

- If I'm not mistaken, you will all be in Tokyo for New Year Eve's party.

- And?

- Well, I'll be here, unless you mean a video call. I have to work.

- How did you not ask for days off?

- Because you weren't going to be here, I was going to get sad and I preferred to keep my mind busy.

- And you can't change it?

- Remember what I said the day of the press conference. I meant it, Tae, I can't quit my job again on a whim.

- Quit it to be a singer.

Y/N gave him a little blow to the chest.

- Let's go, come on.

She knocked Namjoon's studio door and he let her in.

- Hi, Y/N.

- How did you know it was me?

- You're the only one who knock.

- Your children don't have manners.

- Tell me about it. Please, teach them.

- Not my responsibility. Sorry, tell Jin.

- Sure, the second mental maknae will help. – he laughed. – Anyway, how was the recording of the Christmas song with Tae?

- Very good. – she nodded proud.

- Just look at how he changed about you. Being with JK was a turning point.

- Speaking of Tae... he told me that you know Younha, I remember you told me when you listened to me singing Dark Clouds.

- I'm a big fan of hers, we even collaborated together.

- I know, he told me too. You see, she's one of the singers I really love.

- Do you want to meet her?

- That would be great but the thing is... and I want your sincere opinion about it... Tae thinks I could be a singer too. Someone like her, record my own album with BH. I'm not sure.

- I thought you didn't want to be an idol.

- And I don't want to but... I don't know. I want to know your professional opinion.

- Ok. Being a professional singer takes a lot of work and effort. I know you could do that because you have spent all your life working and studying really hard. But you will also have to fight when at first nobody knows you or listens to your song. And then, on the other hand, when you're famous, you have to deal with the mass media and the fans. What you have experienced is only a small part if you compare it to us, for example. I only recommend you to be a singer if you really, really, love it. I'm not telling you this to disappoint you, I want to be realistic because it's the first time I heard about it. The past few months you were telling us how you wanted to dedicate your life to a job you studied for. I thought you were happy at the offices.

- Ok but... could I do it? Do I have the skills?

- Yes, I even told you to upload your cover to Soundcloud. You need to learn a lot yet because you were not a trainee, but yes, you have the skills.

- So... it wouldn't be crazy. I wouldn't make a fool of myself.

- Have you talked with JK about this?

- No, not yet. I wanted your opinion first. You're the intelligent and the sincere. Sincere in a diplomatic way, not sincere in Yoongi's way.

- If you decide to continue with this, you should record a demo to give it to BH, and they have the final word, except if you go to other company.

- No way. If I do it, I do it here.

- Y/N... are you really, really sure about it?

- I told you I'm not.

- If you have short time with JK now... then it would be like a Tetris with your schedules. Think about that too. Some of the group lost our relationships when we became rookies.

- Jesus, Namjoon, you're telling me so much bad things.

- No. But you know the good ones. The love of your fans, their cheers, to be in a scenery, have fun, enjoy the opportunity to share your music... there's nothing like hearing cheer your name or sing your songs. You were very happy with the success of Seesaw and it wasn't even your song, you were the backup voice. Imagine that but 10,000 more intense.

- Write a song for me! It doesn't need to be with you featuring in it, although that would be my dream. Just a song you think it could suit me. I'll record it for the demo. If you don't mind, of course. And... if you have time.

- Let's do an agreement. Talk to JK first, and if after that both of you are OK with the idea, I'd do it.

- Do you think he will be against it?

- I don't know. I think he will decide what makes you happy and I also know that he loves you. But Y/N... if he asks me, I'll tell him the same to you. I don't want to be in the middle of your relationship again, like after the album press conference. If he disagree...

- If he's against it, I'm not sure if I will go ahead, I don't want to lose him. In any case, we would forget the idea of you writing for me. I didn't want you to feel like I was putting you in a compromise. Sorry.

- Okay, I know it wasn't your intention. You will tell me what you have decided.

- Thanks, Joonie.

Y/N came out much more disappointed than she had come with so many inconveniences.