Chapter 42 - To pretend

Start from the beginning

One morning she, as usual, before going to her team, went out into the city to buy coffee. It was a warm spring morning. Y/N was walking along the streets of Trost. She felt rested, despite the fact that almost all her days were filled with some kind of activity. She walked thinking about her plans for the day.

Suddenly, someone took her by the hand. She turned abruptly, ready to hit her opponent, but...

- Hey, pretty scout.

Damian looked at her with a sly smile.

- Want to scare me, Damian? I could hit you! Who is doing things like this?

- «I doubt very much that you would do much damage, Y/N», he replied to her, laughing.

- Don't underestimate me, Dam! I can take care of myself! Do you really think I haven't learned anything in all these years in the Survey Corps?

- «I'm sure you've learned something, but still...», he looked at her with a smile. «I'm stronger than you»

- «Pf, think whatever you want», she smiled slyly at him. «So... What are you doing in Trost? It's pretty far from the palace»

- I have a free week. The queen left, the work became a little less, and I decided to see Trost. And to see you.

- You found where to go, there isn't much to do here.

- Well, you're doing something here.

- «I work here, idiot. Unfortunately, the main headquarters is still here and I have no choice», Y/N answered him with a smile.

- Can you show me where you work?

- Do you think they'll let you in?

- I'm still a royal guard. Of course they will.

Y/N was already ready to agree - she liked the idea of spending the day in the company of a friend, until she remembered something...

- No, not today, Damian, let's go tomorrow or...

- Why? Am I really that much of a hindrance? In general, take a day off, you seem to be able to afford it now. Show me the city and all that...

- «That's not the point», Y/N thought, until it suddenly dawned on her. «Although, I know, you can even help me with something»

- «And what can an «idiot» like me help you with?» he made quotation marks in the air with both hands, a smirk on his face.

- I have a girl friend and...

- No.

- I haven't even...

- I won't hit on your friend, whoever she is, listen, this is already too much. I...

- I didn't mean to suggest it!

- What then...?

- She keeps trying to find someone for me. Play my boyfriend for her to get her off. I love her, she's great, but this... I'm already tired, to be honest. All those «double» dates with some idiots she finds...

- So, don't go...

- It's funny, I can say, but... She's looking for true love, and I... She asks so sweetly to go with her and...

- «Well, you're a weakling, Y/N. Where is your stern temper when you need it the most? Or does it only apply to men?» Damian said, shaking his head with a smile on his face.