67

I opened my eyes. My head pounded and my whole body ached, but especially my right arm.

My eyes met bright blue ones; Dabi. He gently cupped my cheek. "How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

"I hurt."

"I bet."

I tried to sit up but Dabi put his hand on my chest. "Don't."

I frowned but didn't protest. I looked down at my right arm. It was wrapped in a white bandage from my wrist to my shoulder. I realized then that I was not wearing a shirt. Or my suit. Where did my suit go?

"Doctor Kyudai Garaki came in and took care of your burn. He said you will be okay." Dabi said. He put my hand in his and gently squeezed it.

"How bad was it?" I asked.

"Pretty bad." He responded. "But nothing Doctor Kyudai Garaki can't fix."

I nodded. "How long was I out?"

"Only a few hours." He paused. "I can't believe that that motherfucker did that to you." He shook his head. "Why did you put yourself in front of everyone?"

"Because his quirk can't touch mine. My quirk is resistant to his."

"Then how did you get burnt?"

"Because when I sealed the door it took more energy than I expected and it lessened my strength of the darkness that was on me."

Dabi shook his head. "You need to stop putting yourself in danger."

I squeezed his hand. "I am fine."

"You have no idea how worried I was."

I smiled slightly. "I can imagine."

He leaned forward and pressed a light kiss to my forehead.

The next morning, I woke with Dabis' arm draped over my waist. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. I smiled slightly before sitting up.

Instantly his eyes opened and he sat up. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine."

"Are you sure?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes. Whatever Doctor Kyudai Garaki gave me seems to be working really well." I lifted my injured arm. "It doesn't really hurt anymore."

Dabi nodded. "He uses a really good medication for pain. He used it with my burns when I was young."

"I see." All of a sudden a thought crossed my mind. "I have that dinner to go to tonight."

Dabi blinked. "You can't seriously consider going."

"I am going."

"You can't. You are hurt."

"I will be fine."

"Well then I am going with you."

"Unfortunately, you were not invited." I reached up my good arm and gently fliked his nose.

He frowned. "Shigaraki was invited and is allowed a plus one." He stated.

I nodded. "You still weren't invited. But if Shigaraki wants you to be his plus one then you can be."

Dabi quickly got out of bed. "I will make him."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. He's too overprotective sometimes.

Elijah pulled open the sleek, black limos door and held his hand out to me. I took it and stepped out, Shigaraki and Dabi following me out.

Elijah pulled me to him and hugged me. "It's wonderful to see you again." He said. He let go of me and looked over at the two men behind me. "You two as well." He added.