46

Beep

Beep

Beep

What was that noise? I peeled open my eyes. I was surrounded by white. I was laying down staring up at a white ceiling. Where am I?

Beep

Beep

Beep

A heart beat monitor. That's what that noise was.

I noticed something heavy on my hand. It took so much more energy than it should have to lift my head up.

I was in a hospital room. A large window was across from my bed. Flowers decorated a small table below the window.

I looked down to my left hand. Endeavor sat on a chair next to the bed, his hand on top of mine. His forehead was on the edge of the bed.

The memories came flooding back to me. The man and the blades. I must have lost a lot of blood.

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a white hospital gown with small yellow flowers on it. A blanket covered from my belly button down. I felt pain from my right thigh.

I moved to sit up but let out a yowl of pain. My stomach felt like it just got ripped apart.

Endeavors head shot up. "Y/N!"

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I sounded gravely and my mouth was so dry.

"Making sure you are okay."

"How long was I out for?"

"Three days, so do you want some water?"

"Yes."

He grabbed a cup of water that was beside my bed. He held the straw to my mouth and I took a sip.

"Thanks."

Endeavor put the water back on the table and looked at me. "The metal had poison on it. When the blades cut you the poison got in your bloodstream. The cuts were also really deep so they stitched them up. You lost a lot of blood." He paused to grab my hand. "The doctors said it was a miracle that you lived."

"Not the first time a doctor has ever said that about me." I grinned at Endeavor for a second before wincing. I held up my free hand to my cheek. Gauze covered it.

"I am so sorry Y/N."

I looked at him. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was tousled. A single tear fell down his cheek.

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I made you go out on your own." His voice shook. "If you died it would be my fault."

I squeezed his hand. "I should have called for backup. If anything it's my own fault."

"Why didn't you? Why didn't you call for me?"

"I figured it would be best if you weren't around the guy who wanted to kill you. Plus I thought I could take him. Which I did."

"You almost died Y/N. What would I have done if you did?"

"I didn't realize I meant that much to you."

"Of course you do!" Another tear fell down his face. "You are like my own daughter."

I lifted my hand, wincing in the process and put it on his cheek. He covered my hand with his own. I gave him a small smile. "I am okay."

He looked at me for a bit before nodding.

I reeled my hand back.

"Are you in any pain?" He asked.

"Yeah but it's nothing I can't handle."

He nodded. "I called your boyfriend."

"What?"

"I went on your phone and called your contact called 'boyfriend.'"

Shit. He talked to Dabi? "What did he say?"

"Well I told him what happened and he said for you to call him when you wake up." He grabbed my phone from the table beside my bed and handed it to me. "I will be outside."

I nodded. "Thanks."

Endeavor left the room.

I opened my phone and called Dabi. After one ring he answered.

"Y/N?" He said worriedly.

God I love the sound of his voice. "Hi."

"How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

"I am fine. Sore but fine." Lie. I was in quite a bit of pain but I didn't want to worry him.

I heard him let out a breath. "Thank god."

"I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too Y/N. I was so damn worried about you."

"I am sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Do you know when you can come home?"

Home. My heart ached. I wanted to be with Dabi and the league so badly. "I don't know. I will ask Endeavor when he comes back. Did you talk to him on the phone?"

"Yeah. I am not a super talkative villain so I doubt he recognized my voice."

"Good."

Dabi was silent.

"I can't believe I was out for three days. Endeavor said the metal had poison on it though so I guess that would explain it."

"He said the poison made you very weak."

"Yeah. I am okay though."

"Good. I need to go. Call me when you can. I love you."

"I love you too."

The call ended just as Endeavor strode in.

"Do you know when I can leave?"

"I just spoke with the doctor in the hallway and he said that you may leave once you are strong enough."

"I think I am strong enough." I said. Lie.

His eyes narrowed at me. "Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"How about you try walking first."

He walked over to me and pulled the blanket off my legs. He wrapped an arm around my back and under my arm.

I tried my best not to visibly wince and scream out in pain as I swung my legs off the bed. My stomach was the worst. I think that's where I got cut the worst because I felt like someone was stabbing me.

I went to stand up, leaning heavily on Endeavor. I yelped in pain and my hand flew to my stomach. The pain was so much that I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Sit down." Endeavor commanded. He helped me back down to the bed and I laid down. "You are not well enough to go home."

"Yes I am. I can lay in bed at home just as well as I can here."

He gently brushed a piece of hair out from my face. "I am sorry Y/N but you need to stay here and rest a bit. Maybe you will be well enough to go home tomorrow."

I didn't say anything. I just wanted to be back with my family. Family. That's what the league was to me. My family.

"I need to go but I will be back later okay?"

I nodded and Endeavor left.