47

I felt someone gently stroking my hair and whispering, "Y/N."

My eyes fluttered open. The room was dark except for the bit of light that came in through the small window in the door.

A crowd of people surrounded me and the beeps on the heart monitor began to beep faster.

"Y/N, it's just us." I knew that voice.

"Shigaraki?"

He laughed. "Yes."

"God don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry." He said.

"How are you feeling?" Came a voice from beside me.

I reached out and grabbed Dabis' hand. "I am okay." My eyes had better adjusted to the darkness and I could see his facial features.

Dabi sat down on the bed beside me. He leaned over me and pressed a light kiss to my forehead. "I missed you." He whispered against my skin.

I squeezed his hand. "I missed you too."

He leaned back but he didn't let go of my hand.

I watched as the rest of the league settled in various places in the room. Shigaraki sat in the chair next to my bed and Toga sat on the edge of my bed. Twice leaned against the wall near the window.

"How exactly did you guys get in here?" I asked as I looked at the digital clock on the wall. It was three in the morning.

"We walked in." Said Toga.

"No one saw?" I asked.

"Nope." Said Shigaraki.

"Good."

Everyone in the room was quiet. Dabi began to gently rub his thumb on the back of my hand.

"So Y/N, what exactly happened?" Asked Shigaraki.

"Endeavor had a meeting so I went out on patrol by myself. This dude held a woman off the roof by her neck so I went up there. We fought and I won."

"And you almost died." Said Toga.

"I wouldn't say that." Lie.

"Then how come you are laying in that bed?" Said Dabi.

When I didn't answer he spoke again.

"Endeavor said that you could have called for backup but you didn't. Why didn't you?"

Everyone was staring at me.

"Because I didn't need help."

"Oh really?" Said Dabi, his voice slightly louder than before.

"Yes really. I don't want to talk about it anymore." I looked at Shigaraki. "So what has the league been up to the past few days? How is Sam?"

"Sam is currently staking out one of our buildings because we think another group is stealing from it. He wanted to come see you though."

I smiled slightly before wincing. The wince didn't go unnoticed by Dabi.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I am fine."

He stared at me.

"When can you come home?" Asked Twice.

I turned my attention away from Dabi. "Endeavor said the doctors said whenever I feel strong enough."

"Do you know when that will be?"

"No but I am sure it will be soon."

Twice smiled. "Good. We all miss having you around."

"I miss you all too."

The next morning Endeavor came to see me. He brought me some breakfast from a cafe down the street.

The whole day went by so slowly. Shigaraki had texted me and asked if I was ready to come home yet.

I said yes. I was still in lots of pain but it wasn't as bad as before.

That night the league came by to take me back to the warehouse. I checked myself out of the hospital and Dabi helped me into a wheelchair and pushed me all the way to the car.

When we got to the warehouse, I wrapped my arms around Dabi and Shigarakis shoulders. They helped me into the warehouse and into mine and Dabis' room.

Shigaraki left the room and shut the door.

"Can you help me take a shower?" I asked Dabi.

He nodded. "Yeah."

He helped me into the bathroom. He gently pulled off my shirt. He kneeled in front of me and pulled off my pants and underwear. All that was left on my body was white bandages. His fingers stilled on the bandage on my thigh. He slowly took in all the bandages that covered my body.

I looked down at him. "The bandages are waterproof." I said.

He continued to look at my body.

"I am okay." I said gently.

He slowly nodded and stood up. He swiftly pulled off his own clothes and helped me into the shower.

I tried to reach up to wash my hair but my upper left arm seared with pain.

"Let me do it." Dabi said.

I stood there as Dabi washed my hair and my body.

He turned the water off and dried me off. He carefully dressed me in one of his shirts and sweats. Then he quickly dressed himself.

He helped me over to the bed and I laid down. He laid down next to me, propped up on his elbow to look at me.

"Thank you." I said.

He brushed a piece of hair out of my face. "It's no problem."

"I should have called for backup." I admitted.

"Yeah you should have."

"Endeavor blames himself."

"Good."

My eyes shot to him. "What?"

"He should blame himself. He made you go out on your own."

"He didn't know that I would run into that guy. Plus he gave me an ear piece if I needed help."

"He still should have gone with you. It's his fault."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why do you hate him so much?"

"Because he's a hero."

I shook my head. "No, you hate him more than a normal villain would hate a hero."

"He let you get hurt and you almost died. Yeah I hate him."

"You hated him even before that." I stated.

"Most people do hate him. It's not just me."

"I guess."

Dabi laid his head down on my pillow and carefully put his arm on my stomach, right under my breasts so he didn't touch my stomach injury. He nestled his head into my shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too."