17

It's been a few days since Shigaraki put the application in at UA. We haven't heard anything back yet. It's been a quiet few days.

I tossed my phone down on the bed next to me. I was so damn bored.

An idea popped in my head. What if Dabi wants to train with me? That seems like a good excuse to spend time with him.

I got out of bed and headed to his room.

I knocked on the door. A few seconds later Dabi opened the door, shirtless. "Y/N." He said.

"Hi." I said trying to not stare at his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I was just wondering if you wanted to train."

"I would but I am a bit busy right now."

"Oh."

"But you can come in."

"Okay."

He stepped aside and I walked in. He closed the door and walked into the bathroom.

"So what are you doing?"

"Come in here." He said.

I walked into the bathroom. He was standing by the sink. A tub of ointment was sitting open on the counter. He gestured to it. "I have to put it on every few days."

Oh. Oh. I suddenly felt like I was invading his personal privacy. This felt like something someone wouldn't want others to really see. "Are you sure you want me to be here?" I asked quietly.

He stared at me for a moment before speaking. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know." I avoided eye contact with him.

He took a step closer to me and I looked up at him. He looked hurt and I suddenly felt like I offended him in some way. "Are you... Do my burns scare you?" He whispered.

"No. Not at all. It just seemed like... I don't know, maybe something you wouldn't want anyone around for."

"Well usually I wouldn't have anyone around when I do it."

"Then-"

"Because I trust you."

I smiled at him. "I am glad you do."

He slightly smiled back but winced.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah it just hurts a lot to move my burned skin."

"Oh."

He turned away and was about to start putting the cream on when I grabbed his hand. He looked at me.

"Can I do it?" I asked quietly.

He looked at me for a long moment before giving me a slight nod. I dipped my fingers into the cream and turned to him. I gently pulled his arm out and started to gently apply the cream. His skin felt really thick and leathery. My heart broke for him. How could anyone treat their son the way his father treated him? He suddenly flinched and it brought me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Just hurts."

"I am sorry."

"It hurts worse when I do it myself though." He smiled down at me and I smiled back.

I got back to work as Dabi silently watched me. I finished his arms then I got started on his chest. His gaze felt heavy on me but I tried to ignore it. After I put a bit more on, he gently grabbed my chin and lifted it so I was looking at him. His eyes flicked back and forth between my eyes. He leaned in and out lips met. This was only the second time we have kissed so this was new to me. His lips slowly moved against mine and I did the same.