78

Dabis eyes widened and he strode over to me. He looked down at my phone. "Don't answer it." He said, his voice low.

I swiped to answer and held the phone to my ear. "Hello Endeavor." I said.

Anger flashed across Dabis face. He turned on his heel and left the room, the door slamming behind him.

"Y/N. I... I need to speak with you."

"About what?"

"Everything. I can't explain over the phone. Meet me at my agency tonight at midnight."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I need to speak with you. Just please meet with me."

I rolled my eyes. "I won't fall into your trap."

"It's not a trap. Please." He pleaded.

"We'll see how I feel later." I hung up. I tossed my phone onto the bed and headed into the bathroom.

When I emerged, Dabi was sitting on the edge of the bed. He stood when he saw me.

I crossed my arms.

"What did he want?" Dabi asked, his voice void of any emotion.

"He wants me to meet with him tonight."

"You can't go." He said.

"I wasn't going to go anyways."

"Good." He paused. "You should have listened to me about not answering."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

Dabi opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"Aren't you going on patrol tonight?"

He stared at me for a moment before answering. "Yes I was supposed to."

I nodded. "I will see you later then."

He hesitated before turning and leaving the room.

I let out a breath and walked into the closet. Time to suit up for battle.

I strode into Endeavor's office.

I had changed into my black suit. I had no problem leaving the league's building. Dabi was on patrol with Shigarkai and the others were in their rooms sleeping.

Endeavors agency had been completely empty and the building was mostly dark.

Endeavor stood at the window, looking down at the dark city. The only light in the room came from a floor lamp in the corner.

"Endeavor." I said.

He didn't turn to look at me. He didn't even show any sign that he heard me.

I took a step closer to him.

"Why did you lie to me?" He asked.

"About what exactly?"

He turned to me then. "About who you are, that you were a hero. Why?"

I sighed. "Because I had to."

"You didn't have to." He stated.

"I did. You don't understand the position I was in, the positions I have been in."

"Then please, explain to me."

I looked away.

"I deserve that. Don't I? I treated you like my own child." He said, his voice low.