34

The night felt grim.

All day today I had been around league members, well at least the ones that live at the warehouse. They all knew what was going to be taking place later in the day and I think they were just trying to make me feel better. It didn't really work.

As soon as I had gotten my suit on, Dabi emerged from my bathroom. He gave me a small smile. I tried to return it but found it hard to smile so I looked away. I sat on the edge of my bed and was about to lean over to tie my boots when Dabi crouched down in front of me. He took hold of the laces and began to tie them. "I know you are nervous but it will be alright." He said quietly.

"I know. I don't want you to get hurt."

He paused what he was doing and looked up at me. "Don't worry about me." He went to finish tying my boots when his eyes caught on my necklace. He reached out and touched it, he smiled slightly. "I love you."

I put my hand on his cheek. "I love you too."

He went back to tying my boots.

A strange feeling came over me. Why did this feel like goodbye? I pushed the feelings away but I couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Kuriogiri, Shigaraki, Twice, and Toga all waited in the car for us a few blocks away.

Dabi and I quietly walked along the poorly litten sidewalk. He caught my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

The area we were in always looked rough. At Least in the daylight there were cars on the street and people outside. Night time was a different story. It seemed almost abandoned, like a ghost town. Paint peeling, cracked sidewalks, broken street lamps, overgrown shrubs.

A few buildings were just piles of rubble from being blown up. Some roofs and siding had holes in it.

This area used to be heavy with villain activity. But heroes eventually found out that a lot of villains tended to do business and store things over here. A bunch of villains got busted and thrown in prison but of course they did not go down without a fight, hence the destroyed buildings.

The city didn't feel like restoring the area so they kept it how it was. People still live over here of course but it's quite sad.

"The alley is three buildings down on the right side." I said to Dabi as we continued to walk.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I was silent for a moment. "Yes."

We walked into the alley and didn't see anyone. We went further into it when all of a sudden we heard something behind us.

We whipped around.

Elijah was standing there looking as pristine as usual. He smiled at me. "Oh Y/N it is wonderful to see you!" His eyes caught on Dabi and his smile dropped. "And what is he doing here?"

"He wanted to make sure I got here safely. Since this area used to have many villains."

"I see. Well we better get going." Elijah took a step towards me but I raised my hand. I shot out my darkness at him. As I did, at the speed of lightning, a man came out from the shadows and stood in front of Elijah. The man raised his hands and my darkness hit something. A shield. Shit. I retracted my darkness and stared at the man. I remember him from just before I left Elijah. He was a new recruit. I couldn't remember his name though. I recalled how Elijah had praised him in front of me and told him how powerful he could be. Something Elijah said a lot to new recruits.

Elijah made a tisk tisk sound and stepped out from behind the man.

"What's going on?" Asked Dabi quietly from beside me.

"That guy's quirk is a quirk force field. Basically Elijah is untouchable with him around and so is he." I whispered back.

Another man had melted from the shadows and appeared next to Elijah. This man was holding a gun.

"Y/N, I thought you wanted to come back with me."

"If you truly thought that then you wouldn't have brought back up." I spat.

Elijah shrugged. "What can I say? You don't have the best track record when it comes to telling the truth. Now, you are going to come with me whether you like it or not."

"She's not going with you." Said Dabi from beside me.

"Oh? And what are you going to do about it?"

Dabi held out his hands and blue flames shot out from them. I felt the heat radiating from them but only for a second because the man with the gun pulled the trigger. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shot rang out in the alley.

My head whipped to the side to look at Dabi. He stood there for a moment before looking down at himself. A hole with blood was visible on his shirt from where I stood. He looked at me before collapsing to the ground. I sank to my knees beside him. "Dabi." I breathed. I grabbed his shoulders and tried to shake him. "Dabi!" Tears welled in my eyes. I will not lose him. I can't.

My head snapped to Elijah. "What the fuck did you do?" I yelled.

"Oh don't worry he will be fine. Nick here just shot him with something that will knock him out for a while and take his quirk away. He will live."

Take his quirk away? My heart stopped. This is all my fault. I should never have let Dabi come with me.

"Now Y/N, will you please come with me?"

Rage bubbled up in me. Flames of my own danced on my fingertips. Flames of darkness. "I will never go with you. Ever." I said fiercely.

"Pitty." Elijah waved his hand and before I knew it, the man pulled the trigger for a second time.

I didn't feel it at first. But after a few seconds the pain shot through my chest and down my limbs. My darkness evaporated into nothing from my fingers. My eyelids felt heavy and the alley began to spin. I saw Elijah walk towards me before the world went black. 

Megan: hello! If you are enjoying the story don't forget to vote and comment! It helps motivate me to keep writing for you all! thanks for reading!!