58

It's been a few days since I visited the league. I haven't left the house because Elijah didn't let me. He said he had others watching the building. He tried to spend as much time with me as possible the past few days.

Tonight he was finally letting me out. He said the people he had staking out the building were not up for the job. Shocker.

Instead of heading to that building, I headed to Endeavors agency.

The woman at the front desk stood up when she saw me. "Epitome!"

I smiled at her. "Hi." I walked past her into the elevator.

I walked into the office Endeavor and I shared.

Endeavor looked up from where he sat at his desk. His eyes widened and he stood up. "Y/N." He moved out from behind his desk.

I met him halfway and he hugged me.

I pulled away. "Hi."

"Are you okay? Where have you been?" His eyes scanned me up and down.

"I am fine. My boyfriend and I were evicted so we were busy with that."

"I have been trying to contact you for a month." Endeavor said.

"My phone broke. I am sorry. I just wanted to see you so you know I am okay. I won't be able to work for a while still."

Endeavor's eyes narrowed. "Wouldn't working make it so you have more money so you don't get evicted?"

"Well, yes. But I just can't work right now."

He stared down at me. "Are you being abused?"

I quickly shook my head. "No. Of course not."

"Are you sure? If you are, I can help you."

"I am sure. My boyfriend loves me and he would never do that. I just... I need time to figure my life out and I can't work for a while."

He stared at me, assessing me. "I see. Well, I can put out a public statement that you aren't dead then."

I smiled. "I saw that. People are so strange."

"It's not completely unbelievable."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Endeavor didn't look amused.

I sighed. "Listen, I am sorry for making you worry."

"That's an understatement." He said.

"I am sorry, okay? I didn't mean to make you worry. I will try to keep in touch with you."

"Mhm."

"I need to get going. I will talk to you later though okay?"

He nodded.

We said goodbye and I headed to the building I was supposed to be staking out.

"Did you see anything?" Elijah asked from the chair in the living room.

I walked over to him and handed him his glass of bourbon. "No." I sat down on the couch.

"Did you check the back?" He swirled the glass.

"I checked all sides, including the back. There was nothing."

Elijah took a drink. "I see."

I looked away from Elijah and stared out the window to my left. I need to find an opening to kill him but the house always has his men in it. What if I got close to some of his men? Would they stay loyal to Elijah? Or what if I showed them just how powerful I can be. No, that probably wouldn't work.