Chapter 30 - The day, when one life ended

Start from the beginning

- Commander, we didn't find any signs of the titans! The city is empty!

The gears in Erwin's head started working again.

Y/N understood that something was clearly wrong. She moved away from the commander to the side, deciding to prepare. She dropped her briefcase on the ground, took out her five-knife holster and began attaching it to her leg. She had blades in her ODM, she didn't get thunder spears, which she was glad about. «I don't want to screw them over either» She also tucked a couple of vials of acid and duct tape into the inside pocket of her jacket. «At least it's useful, I hope it'll be effective»

- Do you really think that knives will help in the battle with the titans, Y/N?

She again ignored him.

- Commander, Eren has successfully closed the breach in the inner wall!

Armin, who was exploring the wall nearby, turned his attention to Y/N, who was busy with her equipment. Her hair fell over her face as she secured the holster to her leg. He felt himself blush. But he heard...

- What do you want from me? I still can't understand! You didn't have enough of how you upset me...

- I didn't upset you, you...

- Yes, it's my own fault, classic you.

- You can play baby as much as you like. It won't change the fact that I've only told you the truth, which you still seem unable to deal with.

Y/N straightened up and turned to face Levi.

- «I have nothing to tell you», she turned away and went towards the commander.

«Now that's weird... What kind of relationship do Y/N and Captain have?» Armin could see that Y/N was upset, and apparently her tiredness and frustration during their journey was also caused by Captain Levi. He thought about it as he scanned the walls until he found...

- COMMANDER ERWIN! I think I found something! Not far from here, there are traces of a fire on the wall. Below, under this place, I found some kitchen utensils - a kettle, mugs. I found three mugs: people stopping there were drinking what looked like black tea, but it wasn't tea. The kettle was cold and...

- That means its owners left before we got here. It couldn't cool down that quickly. After all, we left the forest quite recently and arrived here within a couple of minutes. They couldn't leave so quickly.

- «Most likely, there are more than three of them. Someone was following us back in the forest and reported to the others», Armin suggested. «They had a scout, which means we don't know what they have prepared for us. How many and where are they hiding?»

- Arlert! Take as many soldiers as you need! Explore the area, we need to determine the location of the enemy! Soldiers, do whatever Arlert tells you to do!

- Yes, SIR!

At this time, Eren's team headed towards the outer gate to close the second breach as planned. Armin felt his heart pounding. It wasn't easy for him. He wasn't ready for the fact that he would have to give orders. He was nervous. Soldiers crowded around him, waiting for his orders. His eyes fell on Y/N, who was still standing next to the Commander and Captain Levi. She looked at him, and when she saw that he was looking at her, she gave him a thumbs up, encouraging him. Armin sighed.

- WE NEED TO LOOK AT THE WALLS FROM TWO SIDES! LOOK FOR ANY SIGNS OF THE ENEMY BOTH ABOVE THE WALLS AND ON THE GROUND! P-PLEASE!

- Yes, SIR!