36. The devil's lair

Start from the beginning

"But boss.."
Another one of his sidekick tried to defend himself.

"Shutup, not a word more. I need to recruit better staff."
He muttered to himself as he began making his way outside the room.

"Bring the girls to that woman's room and keep these brats locked for two days without food. And I don't want to see their ugly faces again, dispose them properly."

He added, referring to the room where Mani was kept in, to keep the girls and to dispose the bodies of his beaten up goons, without bothering about them being half-living.

Soon after, the girls were dragged from there and brought up to Mani's room leaving the children in the dark chamber, hungry and lonely again.

As the door of Mani's room was knocked relentlessly, she opened the door fearfully. Coming face to face with the knocked out Navneet whose head was rolling directionlessly, her breath was knocked out of her lungs as she moved forward to grab her subconciously.

"Weren't you asked to not lock the door?
Who do you think you are? Queen bee?

This is the last warning. Even if your owner is paying boss handsomely, bitch. We won't tolerate your tantrums here."

A nasty human who accompanied to deliver the girls to her room grabbed Mani's jaw in his callous hands.

"They will be staying here. Until boss decides the way to handle them. Dare you three do anything against us."

He said pointing in their direction with warning eyes.

"That's enough."
The second boss spoke from behind. Taking his gun out he shot at the lock of the door and gestured him to leave, receiving a satisfactory nod from him at the absence of lock.

"Just go inside.
And silently obey the instructions you are given.

Explain rest of the things to them."

He instructed Mani with hard eyes and left after a unconcerned glance at Navneet. Afterall, that was the only extent of his job.

"Hurry, come inside."

Mani spoke hurriedly as he went out of their hearing range. Laying unconscious Navneet on the hard mattress, Amreen explained the events that took place right from the start and asked about Mani's presence there.

Mani's story, which was earlier known to Navneet only, left Amreen speechless, cursing her husband at his cruelty.

"You guys shouldn't have come here."
Mani sighed holding her head as she sat beside Navneet.

"These bastards, i knew it. We shouldn't have come alone. I tried to stop her. But no why would anybody listen to me. I was even stupidier to follow her. I should have told uncle.

God dammit, this is all because of your swine husband.
I swear, as soon as I see him, he is going to be dead in my hands."

Amreen was talking to herself, raising her hands in the air as she walked around the room back and forth.
Listening to Amreen's blabbers, Mani turned her face away, feeling sad for being the reason behind the despair of her only friends.

"Come here."

Holding herself back, Mani opened her arms for Amreen who stepped forward without any hesitance feeling comforted  in her embrace.

"I won't let anybody hurt you both. You are here because of me, i am going to try my best to help you get away from here."

" No, you needn't be feeling that way. We have to think about those innocent children too."
Amreen murmured in her neck.