ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜

Start from the beginning

Prof Nsirim's voice brings her out of the rivalry thoughts she was having.

"Firstly I want to commend you for your academic performance so far!" This statement catches April's attention. "I saw your grades, you were the best in your class based on the mid-term test, if you continue this way, I see you making great achievements." Prof Nsirim says.

Meanwhile, April stares at him, not because she didn't want to say a word, but because of how confused she was.

"About the stolen money, it was a misunderstanding. On behalf of the management, I am sorry for accusing you wrongly. But you are also at fault!" Prof Nsirim says. All this while April watches him intensely. She didn't know what to say or do. She was clearly having a mixed reaction. Also in a state of shock.

"You don't keep your things carelessly, no matter the situation you find yourself. You are clearly in a social organization. Anything can happen. Just imagine if we didn't find this lead, you would have been suspended, worst expelled for something you know nothing about." Prof Nsirim says with a stern look.

"I will be more careful sir," April responds in a calm tone.

"This case has been closed. You can go back to your hostel!" Prof Nsirim says,
Meanwhile, April who had u
"You can leave!" Prof Nsirim says while he adjusts his glasses.

"Thank you, sir!" April manages to say.

______________________________🖊

Immediately Light gets into the dorm he shuts the door. The look on his roommate's face makes him groan.

"Look I am not betting any more money! I know how I managed to acquire this money from my mum!" Light says sternly.

"Acquire like it's a house!" Efe laughs.

"Guy, English is not for everyone!" Light mocks.

"The fact still remains Tari always wins the bet, he never loses. Don't you think there is more to it?" Excel asks.

"Guy. Una dey yarn una problem. (What you guys are saying is your problem) Look we tossed the money, I did my task. Excel didn't you attempt?" Tari attacks.

"Who is smoking na!" Light groans while he picks up his handkerchief, trying to cover his nose.

"It must be one of those SS3 boys!" Efe responds.

"Light, just leave the building," Excel suggest. Meanwhile, Light walks over to his locker, and picks up his inhaler.

"Where is Nimi?" Light asks.

______________________________🖊

"Start locking up your school bag in the locker, " Science suggest, while April arranges her books. She just finished explaining what went down in the principal's office.

"I just want to know why Ibinabor set me up like this," April says.

"What about how it happened?" Nancy chips in. She obviously dropped the book she had been reading or rather pretending to be reading, April believed she had been listening to their conversation. And she just proved it.

April couldn't deny the fact, that she wasn't comfortable with Nancy and this was the second time she was talking to her today. Which was unusual. She always spoke to Science, but not her.

"Let me get my uniform from the line, this useless rain!" Science says almost immediately, she walks out leaving April and Nancy in an awkward state.

"As far as I can remember, I am the weird girl who doesn't talk not the other way round!" Nancy says.

"It's not like that. You hardly talk to me!" April says.

"Have you made an attempt trying to begin a conversation with me and I shut you out?" Nancy asks. This triggers something in April.

"I think once!" April says.

"Well, I can't remember." Nancy shrugs.

"Let's say I was scared of being ignored, you hardly relate with people!" April says.

"Yes. Let's say I am the observer. I only talk when necessary, " Nancy says while she takes her glasses off.

"Can you see without those?" April couldn't help but asks.

"I am not blind!" Nancy chides. "I only need it when reading through," Nancy says making April wonder why she used it always. She still acknowledged the fact she was more beautiful with the glasses on, and it made her look like a no-nonsense girl.
"Honestly, you are too soft, you also tend to trust people easily!" This statement gets April's attention.

"I know I am too soft," April admits.

"That's going to be a big problem for you. You have been living a simple and easy life before now. But this is Hallel College, if you aren't careful, people will take you for a ride. I am not sure your friends gave you proper orientations." Nancy scoffs.
"You are what we call beauty with brains. Smart, easily likeable. These qualities should have gone along with being sassy, but unfortunately, you are soft. In Hallel Colledge, you better learn how to defend yourself or hide in a corner like me." The last statement gets April's full attention.
"I chose to be the nerd in the glasses who doesn't talk, not a fool who doesn't notice things," Science says.

"This school is a chance of me getting a better life. I didn't come here for competitions or anything!" April tries to explain.

"The only advice I am going to give you is, Be careful. April you trust people easily. Which is one of the problems you have. Another problem is being too soft. Making people step on you like their foot mat. Yes socially you might not be from their class, but it doesn't mean you are nothing compared to them. You are better than most of them, scratch that. Don't let people intimidate you easily." Nancy says. All this while April stares at her like she was saying something foreign.

"Thank you!" April manages to respond.

"One more thing. Be careful with the friend you keep or think you have!" Nancy says.

"I don't understand," April says with a curious look on her face.

"The money didnt walk into your bag, silly. Stop acting like a premature baby. Another fact, the person who put the money in there isn't a stranger! He or she knows you very well." Nancy says with an expressionless face.

"Stop speaking in riddles."

"After all, someone I consider my friend, told everyone I was a ghost. Fully aware of my condition, did she expect me to die?" Nancy says confusing April the more.

"Nancy. You are really confusing me!" April says.

"Dumlesi put the money in your bag. Yes, I have no proof but I am certain." Nancy says. The look on April's face is priceless.

"Dumlesi would never do that!" April responds.

1663 WORDS 🌹