Another One

It would have taken us a while to return, due to me using up nearly all of my mana in the fight if Zeke hadn't volunteered to carry me.

Apparently, a lot had happened during our fight, Rahdeas had been imprisoned, along with the retainer Arthur fought. I think they said his name was Uto?

Arthur, meanwhile, managed to get himself and Sylvie injured this time, but the injuries were nothing serious.

The others headed to do their own thing, leaving me to do whatever I wanted.

I handed Zegrath's body to the forensic department, keeping the horn to myself, before heading to visit the two.

"Why is it that everytime I take my eyes off you, you get injured?"

He chuckled, "At least it's not like last time."

"Because I stopped him from using that technique." Sylvie added, opening one of her eyes to stare at us.

"He's a handful isn't he?"

"You can say that again." she grumbled.

"Hey!" Arthur complained

I chuckled at his expense, "How was the fight?"

He sighed, "Uto was...strong, there's no doubt about that. Hell, his ability was similar to yours."

I raised an eyebrow, "Do tell."

"He can summon black spikes from any existing shadow. And he had these piercings to make up for his weakness." He explained.

"Black spikes? Was... Was he the one who killed Alea?" I asked.

He nodded solemnly, "And he admitted to enjoying it."

I could feel the barely suppressed rage in his voice.

"Calm down, you've defeated him." I tried to reassure him.

"That's the thing. I didn't!"

"What?"

Who defeated him then?

"The fight was going well..." He began.

________________________

Arthur Leywin POV :

I wheezed for breath, staring warily at the retainer in front of me.

Uto had been burned pretty badly, the left side of his torso was burnt to a crispy blackness and his left leg was missing. His jaw had been dislocated and shattered to dust, and a deep cut bled profusely from one of his arms.

"Give up Uto, you can't even stand now." I threatened, hoping my voice didn't sound as weak as I felt.

He stared at me, his cheeks twitching.

'Is he trying to smile?' Sylvie said,

It does look like that.

With his good hand, he yanked open his jaw, reveling in the pain.

What is he doing?

It was then that I noticed the obsidian ring around his hand.

A dimension ring?

A vial materialized in his hands, filled with a greenish-black fluid.

Didn't Fayden say something about such a vial?

'He said it completely healed his opponent.'

We can't let that happen!

But before I could enter the first phase of my will, Uto raised a tomb of black spikes around him.