Awake

Fayden Leywin POV :

I had another vision this time.

Or rather a visit.

It was the same man I had seen last time, the one who warned me to brace myself.

We stood in....I don't even know.

There was nothing but darkness till as far the eye could see.

And he was standing right in front of me, a small frown on his face.

"I understand losing your friend was a painful thing, but entering that state....do you have a death wish?"

"Huh?"

"It was fairly easy to save you when you fought against the mutated elderwood, but this time you almost died. Even as you currently are, it will take a good few days for you to heal yourself back to 100%"

I was confused by the whole thing, but I managed to speak once, "What if I use [Tartarean Vitality]?"

"If you have enough 'nacht' as you call it, even then it will take the better part of a day."

"And what if I only healed enough to stay conscious?" I asked.

"Half an hour." He replied instantly.

I nod sagely, "So, you were the voice who guided me that day?"

He nods, before speaking, "And I can't keep saving you each and every time you bite off more than you can chew. So try not to get into such situations in the future."

"I make no promises." I told him.

He shakes his head at my sheer stubbornness.

I guess I share that trait with Arthur.

Suddenly the ground underneath me gives and I start free falling.

"Wait, at least tell me your name!"

His levitating form spares me a glance, and he speaks one word.

Yet I couldn't discern what it was.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Pain.

Unparalleled pain racks each and every muscle, ligament and bone in my body.

I didn't dare move, instead trying to heal myself as much as I can.

So I enter my first phase, and I send small sparks of [Tartarean Vitality] through my body.

But what I didn't expect was the pain to increase a hundred-fold.

Damn were my internal injuries that bad?

Was my last coherent thought as I start thrashing around wildly.

I didn't even register the ground disappearing from beneath me as I start falling yet again.

Fortunately I was saved as a cold platform forms under me.

Unfortunately that jarred my entire body, causing my to scream out.

All the way though I didn't once stop the inflow of the sickly green flames through my entire being.

I feel the platform under me beginning to descend.

No one interrupted as I thrashed around for what seemed like eternity, which in reality was only a few minutes short of half an hour.

And after the pain became more bearable I deactivate my first phase.