What we are

After Elijah shook his arm, I too extended my arm speaking, "Fayden Leywin, or Fay, whichever you prefer."

"So, Elijah Knight of Darv..." Arthur began, "This seems to be artificially made." He continues as he taps his knuckles against the dome like room we were in.

"I conjured it when the cavern caved in." He replies, scratching his cheek.

I raised an eyebrow at this, only Dwarves could manipulate metal, that too only pre existing ones.

"I thought only Dwarves could manipulate metal, and even then only existing metal, not create or conjure it," Arthur voiced my thoughts.

"Looks like all 3 of us have secrets." Elijah answers.

"You got that right." I say.

"Alright I'll tell you, but you have to tell me whatever the hell you did there, both of you. Your hair changed colors and these runes appeared on your body, even your eyes changed to purple and red!" He said.

"Deal" I reply as Arthur just nods.

"I am from the Darv kingdom, but I don't really know where I came from. Elder Rahdeas, who took care of me since I was little, always avoided the topic of my parents, so I never got my questions answered. I awakened about a year ago with such a big implosion that my room disappeared. After a bit of training I found out I was abnormally better in Earth attribute, to such a degree that I couldn't cast the simplest spells in other elements." He explained, staring at the palm of his hand. His face blank of any emotion.

"Since then my mana core has been condensing automatically, I don't even have to meditate. Elder Rahdeas sent me here as a representative and told me to make a name for myself and get along with humans. I have no idea why I'm doing this. After breaking into the dark orange state I had this weird feeling surge up my body, and before I knew it I was surrounded by these metal spikes. Thankfully I was alone and didn't hurt anyone. But since them...I have been scared of what I am, scared of what I could do. I was excited at first at the possibility of me being able to become really strong, but now I can barely control it. I though I was a half dwarf at some point but now I don't know anymore. Sometimes I feel that once I learn to control this power I'll know what I really am." He continued.

"..." Arthur remained silent.

Me? Not so much, "Both of us are quadra-elemental mages and beast tamers. What you saw there was us entering out 2nd phase. When I was in my integrate phase I barely managed to stay in control. I had this overwhelming urge to just go on a rampage...if I hadn't been able to suppress it I would've gone berserk killing anyone I see. You are scared you will hurt someone using this power of yours, but me? I don't even feel that. As long as people I care about are safe the rest can die for all I care. But back there I could've lost all sense of rationality, I could've killed Arthur or Jasmine, hell I could've killed Zeke who I consider as my son. I probably would've lost my mind if Lucas was there. Even now I feel so much anger, I feel so superior to everyone else, that I feel disgusted by myself. But that doesn't mean we cannot learn to control our power. I know we will, and once we do, we could very well be one of the strongest mages in the continent."

"What are you? You are a good person, a kind person who didn't abandon anyone, even going so far as to help someone he barely met. You are much better than me. You are our friend." I say.

Seeing him open up to us, trusting us enough to reveal his inner demons, I felt like I could trust him.

Both Arthur and Elijah are startled by my outburst.

Before Elijah stifled a laughter, "You sound so wise and old. Wait how old are you two?"

"We just turned 11 a few months ago," Arthur answered for me.

"Wait I'm older than you, I turn 12 in a few months." He exclaims.

Before proceeding to scratch his cheek sheepishly while adopting a weird look on his face, "But I guess that's not something to be proud about.."

Awkward silence ensued for a few moments before Arthur burst out laughing looking at the face Elijah was making.

And Elijah reciprocated it with his own laughter, even I cracked a smile.

That was when Jasmine abruptly woke up, and proceeded to crush Arthur, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..."

"Its okay Jasmine, I was the one who stubbornly refused to leave, I'm sorry I brought you into this mess." Arthur hugged her back.

"Well seeing as all of us are awake and okay, lets get out of here," I speak, standing up.

Jasmine turned towards me, just now noticing I was there, "Fayden? What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't exactly let this idiot take on a S class beast on his own could I?" I say pointing towards Arthur, eliciting in a cry of protest from him, "So I came here to aid him in his fight," I finish.

"Are you alright? You aren't hurt are you?" She asks, concerned.

"I'd say you're in worse state than me, you guys had to go through the entire dungeon and take on a spell by that little snake, compared to that, I'm relatively fine," I reply.

"Anyways enough of that, we should really get going now. Mom and Dad should be very worried." I continue as I go towards Zeke to wake him up.

Hey Zeke get up, we need to move.

He whines but gets up anyways.

Jasmine looked at him skeptically, "Is...that Zeke?"

I smile, "The one and only,"

"He has grown a lot," She remarked.

"Wait till you see Sylvie" I reply as we start walking outside.

"What do you mean?" Arthur asks.

"You'll see soon enough."

_________________________________________________________________________________