The Twin Horns

"Who is-OOF"

Instantly we were engulfed in a hug from Angela.

More like death trap.

I regret putting my guard down.

"Oh thank Gods! You were alive! I'm sorry for not being able to protect you two!"

We'll not be alive for long if this keeps up.

Beside me Arthur was trying to say something, only for it to be muffled. Meanwhile I was here flailing my arms around.

Durden comes to the rescue once again.

He placed his hand on Angela's shoulder, "Angela I don't think they can breath..."

Upon hearing that she released us, "Eep! Sorry, I got a bit too emotional,"

A bit is an understatement.

Heaving in a deep breath I spoke, "Damn Durden you've hit a growth spurt."

A lone tear fell from his face, "I could say the same about you two,"

He kneeled down to our level and patted our head.

"I thought we were supposed to put on happy faces for them. So what's with all these tears?" Adam said, leaning on the doorframe.

He was interrupted as Helen came up behind him and used her bowstring to strangle him, "You can ignore this fool,"

"We're glad to see you all grown up and even more handsome," the ever-charismatic Helen Shard said.

The sound of footsteps caught my attention, I turned to the door only to see a black and green blur before being engulfed in yet another hug.

From the corner of my eyes I can see Arthur has met with the same fate.

Looking down to see the face of whoever hugged us I was left even more surprised.

Jasmine Flamesworth was hugging us, while letting out sniffles and incoherent words whoch almost sounded like 'I'm sorry' 

'Well this is unexpected' I mouthed to Arthur who was looking at me with an equally confusing expression.

Arthur proceeded to pat her head resulting in her peeling herself off us and standing up with her body turned away from us and her face a bright red.

At this moment Zeke chose to show himself.

As if on cue Sylvie also trots towards Arthur.

"WOAH! What are those!" Adam exclaimed, eliciting a look of surprise from the rest of the twin horns, even Jasmine.

"Her name is Sylvie, and she's my contract bond," 

"This is Zeke, my bond."

"Holy shit! You already have beast contracts? Those are extremely valuable. I've been trying to look for one for years, but I could never find one. Lucky brats!" Adam was seething in jealousy.

"What's with all the commotion- Ah you're here!" Father came down the stairs, only to see his ex-party members and rushing towards them, and proceeds to hug every one of them.

Mother and Ellie come soon after.

"Everyone, it's so good to see you again!"

Almost immediately everyone rushed her and started cooing to my sister.

"She looks just like you Alice. She'll grow up to be pretty!" "...cute" "You're going to have your hands full soon with potential candidates."

A few minutes later the Helstea's came down sporting black suits and dresses. After introductions it was decided that the Twin horns would come with us to the Helstea auction house. On the way we explained what happened after the fall. To say that they were shocked about me staying in the kingdom of Elenoir for more than 4 years would be an understatement.

We couldn't completely fill them in on what happened since the ride was pretty short.

The Helstea auction house was breathtaking to say the least. Even compared to the monuments I had seen in my previous life this was on another level. With intricate designs all over and the main doors being 4 meters tall it was a masterpiece. 

We were early enough that only the workers and guards were present. Inside it was even more magnificent. The front door opened to a path that lead to a stage all the way on the other side. Rows of escalating purple leather seats were present to our left and right.

There were incased booth located at the very top of the rows of seats and even further higher, there was room attached to the ceiling and back wall with glass surrounding it giving a clear view to the stage.

Turns out that's where we'd be staying, Father and the Twin Horns parted ways with us there, to coordinate with the guards. Vincent separated next, shouting orders at the workers and greeting the more important guests.

We were lead to the viewing room by Tabitha. The room had intricate designs and furniture's.  A wine rack, a few couches and tables decorated the room. We made ourselves comfortable on the couches

A few moments later Vincent came back leading a group of people behind him. The first one to come through was an aged man with long burgundy hair, with grey streaks. His back was ramrod straight with broad shoulders that took off years in his appearance. His stern eyes and sword shaped eyebrows made him look even more fierce. He was dressed in a red robe with white fur adorning the collars and a cane of white gold. Behind him was a middle aged lady, a few youngers older than my Mother. Her face resembled an ice sculpture; refined, elegant, noble and flawless, and at the same time cold and emotionless. She was wearing a shimmering silvery white dress that complimented her dark blue hair that draped over her shoulders very well.

With the number of guards behind them it would be safe to assume they were from some important noble family.

Behind them were two kids, possibly their own. The older boy looked 13-14 with mahogany hair, serious brown eyes and straight eyebrows taking more after his father. The younger girl was of my age or maybe even younger. I could tell she would grow to be beautiful, with her porcelain white complexion and flawless face. Her eyes which seemed much more mature than her age were of dark brown hue, brought out even more by her long eyelashes. Her hair was a glaring black, obviously from her mother. Contrasting to that her lips were of a lighter shade of pink which glistened faintly.

Hey don't judge me.

....I blame early puberty.

"Announcing His majesty, Blaine Glayder, Her majesty, Priscilla Glayder, Prince Curtis Glayder and Princess Kathlyn Glayder."

I see

Wait what? 

They are Royalty?