Accessories for an adventurer

*knock* *knock*

"Yes?"

"Its Arthur and Fayden."

Vincent opened the door and looked at us curously, "Ah come in! What brings you two here? you've never come here before."

"Ah, yes. There is a certain matter I wish to talk to you about today, hence our visit." Arthur said as he looked around the room.

Vincent Helstea POV

Were these children really 8 year olds.

His tone made shivers run down my spine. Why was I so nervous of this 'certain matter' he wishes to talk about?

"We would like your help in retrieving a few items that are rather hard to acquire otherwise." Fayden spoke, "Two cloaks or robes, preferably hooded, two masks capable of altering our voices, and a sword fit for Arthur's size.

It was fairly easy to figure out why they wanted such items. As the owner of the Helstea auction house it shouldn't be that hard to find these items, although retrieving the masks might be a bit hard considering a sound deviant would be needed to make it.

Yet, why were these 8year olds exerting pressure much higher than even the King of Sapin?

Is this their true face?

"Sure, it shouldn't be a problem acquiring those items, although the mask will be a bit harder to get. But we'll have it in time."

"Thank you..." Arthur trailed off, "As for compensation, while we don't have money, I believe we can train Lilia to be a mage."

"Excuse me?" I said, shocked from the sudden proposal. Was it really possible?

"Although you and your wife are not mages, I can help your daughter awaken as a mage. However I don't know if it will be in time for her to attend Xyrus academy." Arthur explained.

"Leave that to me. With the two of us helping her it should theoretically cut the time in half," Fayden continued.

"I-Is that really possible?" I manage to stutter out.

"Yes, although it will take some time. I trust you can keep this secret? We don't exactly want nobles coming to us to help their children awaken." Fayden replies to my question.

"With that allow us to excuse ourselves." Arthur continued as we left the office.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Fayden Leywin POV:

Going into my room I sit down on the floor in lotus position. As I activate phase 1 of my beast will. Immediately the shadows of the room draw towards me as my sclera turn black while the rest of my eyes glow a bright blue.

I form a ball of fire in my hand and will the shadows to integrate itself with the flame. For a while it seems to be successful as the orange hue of the flame started to darken. But when it seemed I would succeed finally the flame was extinguished.

Sigh.

I have a long way to go.

And so I kept practicing all day, to such an extent that I fainted for a few minutes.

But those few minutes were all it took for an old memory to resurface. A memory I wished I could forget.

.
.
.
.
.

3rd person POV:

In the pitch black darkness of the night a seven year old boy is shown to be walking in the empty streets with an indifferent expression.

But that didn't last. As he looked towards the direction to his home all he saw was an orange glow with black smoke rising from it.

In an instant the boys expression turned to one of fear. He ran, hoping against all odds it isn't what he thinks it is.

It was.

His home, which could once be called beautiful, was in shambles. With the doors and windows broken and the once precious articles littered on the ground, it was clear someone had broken in to look for something.

Franticaly he searched around the entire house. But when he  finally did find his family, it was beyond anything he ever expected.

.
.
.
.
.

Fayden Leywin POV:

I woke up to the feeling of something nudging my head.

I groan as I get up.

Zeke is there standing at my side.

Are you okay dad?

He probably saw me faint and got worried.

Yeah, I'm fine Zeke, sorry about that. Got a bit too carried away while training.

Yeah a bit.

Is that sarcasm?

Sigh.

It seems like its already evening. They should be back by now.

Lets go, the others are probably back.

I arrived in time to see Ellie say, "Hmph! Bruhder is a meanie." With her lower lip puckered.

"For not going shopping with you? Yeah Sorry about that." I make my presence known as I went towards her to pat her head.

Seems like Arthur had a similar idea as he came forward with me, resulting in Ellie getting a double headpat.

She turned her head at our actions, and couldn't help but have a smile on her face.

"So how was shopping Mom, Lady Tabitha? Did you buy a lot of stuff?" Arthur asked with his hand still on Ellie's head.

"Not much, just a few new outfits for Ellie and Lilia." Mom responded.

A storm of footsteps heralded the arrival of Vincent, with red eyes and an ear splitting smile on his face.

He ran towards his daughter and picked her up kissing her cheek, "You're  finally here!"

"Honey, whats going on? Why are you so flustered? And are you crying?" Tabitha had a face full of bewilderment and worry, and rightfully so. Vincent looked batshit crazy at the moment.

"Haven't you two told them?"

"Yeah we were getting there, before you came barging in." Came my remark.

"Tell us what?" Mom was concerned as well.

"The two of us discussed with Mr. Vincent about teaching Ellie and Lilia mana manipulation, from today. That is if Lady Tabitha agrees." I explain further.

"..."