Two families meet

The next day our family arrived.

Right now we were in the infirmary waiting for Arthur to wake up.

I know I should have used [Tartarean Vitality] and spare him the pain but, he needs to learn not to harm himself so much.

He'll turn into a masochist at this rate.

They say it will take him a few more weeks to recover.

All this time Sylvie never once left his side, and I kept Zeke in the room to act as a beacon if something goes wrong.

"I think he's waking up." My fathers voice forced me out of my musings.

"How are you feeling honey?" Mother asks him.

"Much better, sorry for always worrying you guys so much," He replies hoarsely.

"You look like crap brother," Ellie said.

"Thank you for the kind and heartfelt words my foulmouthed thug of a sister,"

"Well she's not exactly wrong in saying that," I add in.

"Fayden."

"Yeah that's my name,"

"I'm sorry for lashing out on you yesterday, I shouldn't have said that. And Sylvie mentioned how you did make a barrier but were too late," He apologized.

"Its alright, you weren't exactly stable yesterday, both physically and mentally. But next time, do remember you have a plethora of spells you could've used," I say.

"I will,"

"What happened between you two?" Mom asked.

"Nothing to be concerned about, not anymore." I reply.

"So, how did you manage to get yourself hurt this much? By getting into a fight?" Dad asked, as tactless as ever.

"You should look at the other guy" He said.

Father and Ellie laughed at this but Mother looked spooked by the notion.

"Relax Mom, he's being sarcastic. Speaking of which that's my shtick not yours." I say, the last part directed to Arthur.

"Indeed, no one else was seriously hurt other than your son Mrs. Leywin," I hear the voice of the Director.

Turning back I see her standing at the door with the Eraliths with her.

Mom and Day immediately got up and bowed, "It's an honor to meet you in person your majesties!"

I chuckle in amusement.

"The honor is mine," Alduin placed a hand on my fathers shoulder, "To finally meet the parents of the ones who have saved my daughter not once but twice now."

"Yes, our meeting has been far overdue." Merial said while handing a bouquet of flowers to Mother.

"This is my father, former king of Elenoir." Alduin gestured to Gramps.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"It's an honor,"

"And this is our daughter, Tessia." He pointed towards her.

"Hello my name is Tessia Eralith. I'm a friend of Arthur, and Fayden." She said, adding the last part almost as an afterthought.

O how you wound my fragile heart!

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," She curtsied.

My parents glanced at each other before turning to us.