Rusty Swordsman and Overboard Mage

I was awakened the next morning by Jasmine to help in the morning chores.

Getting up I see Arthur sound asleep. Raising an eyebrow at that I looked towards Jasmine who them informed me that he wouldn't budge.

I shrugged in response before heading to the stream nearby to wash up and catch breakfast.

After splashing myself awake and catching enough fish for all 3 of us I sat down to meditate once again. I couldn't let what happened yesterday happen again.

It could be dangerous if it happens during a fight.

Sometime later I hear the sound of hitting stone causing me to open my eyes. Just to see Jasmine practicing her moves.

After I was certain I wouldn't go into a super rage anytime soon I got up and prepared to cook for breakfast.

Hearing Arthur mumble something I look at him and see a mana beast sitting on top of him and Arthur staring at it.

A few seconds pass before he screams and sits upright, causing the beast to fall off and run away.

He sniffed something after that, most likely the fish I was cooking. Seeing me cooking it he was about to speak before Jasmine interrupted, "Heh, I enjoyed the little comedy show. Good morning,"

"Morning Jasmine. You should've woken me up so I could help out in the chores," He replied.

"Oh trust me, we tried. Anyone ever tell you that you sleep like a log?" I snickered at him.

He sheepishly rubs his neck, "Sorry, its a bad habit of mine,"

"Since you're awake now, lets eat. Also ask your bond if she's going to join in, you too Fayden," She said

"I've already contacted him, he won't need anything." not while he's devouring so many mana beasts. I'm afraid he'll kill of a species at this rate.

After eating the fish we washed up and got changed. 

"So, where to now?" Arthur asked.

"Actually, part of the reason we came here was to spar," She admitted.

"Spar?" Arthur asked confused.

"I have noticed that your fighting style seems awkward sometimes. Like you know how to perform it but your body wont cooperate," She explained.

"Good idea. But what kind of sparring," Arthur asked.

Jasmine pulled out her dual daggers, "I need to know your physical limits before going on dungeon raids or taking any missions. so only use mana to dull your blade,"

Arthur went to grab his sword, "Got it,"

"Use your other sword"

Arthur turned back abruptly seemingly surprised, "How did you know it was a sword?"

"You're too practical to carry around a wooden stick for no reason," She explained.

Well she sure is observant.

Arthur hesitantly picked the sword and turned around to unsheathe it, revealing the crystalline blade, "Get ready?"

"Y-Yeah," She's in awe looking at the sword. I couldn't blame her since I was not much better when I first saw it.

Seeing that I wont be required for the moment I silently slipped away using [Stygian Rift], so that what I'm about to do doesn't hurt them.

Mixing elements was something I had tried before, but back at the manor I couldn't use much mana or I would risk destruction of part of the house. 

But here out in the wild?

I can finally go all out.

I take out the wand I had gotten from the Helstea's and try it out.

Whoa!

This is amazing! It takes so much less mana than normal to conjure the same spell.

Water surrounds me as I prepare to mix it with wind magic. The goal was to create a hurricane/cyclone. 

It required some time but I managed to separate the mass of water into small particles. 

Now the difficult part. Willing Wind to circulate around me it takes the droplets of water long with it. All the while I keep generating more and more droplets of water and gusts of wind to blow it around me in a circular halo.

I raise my arms, and along with the halo of wind and water start ascending towards the sky. 

As it reaches the clouds above more and more air is absorbed by the ever growing hurricane. 

"Faster!" I growl out as I add lightning to it.

After all, what's a storm without thunder?

Lightning cloaks my body and is taken hungrily by the twister around me. 

I was preparing to add in Ice as well when a voice cut in, "FAYDEN STOP!"

I know that voice.

Arthur.

But why is he telling me to stop? I was certain that I was far enough from the adventurers. So there shouldn't be a problem should there?

Yet when I look around I can't help but be scared, of my own power.

I was in the center of a true natural disaster. I was so focused on testing my limit I failed to notice the numerous trees in the storm, neither did I notice the slight tint of red resulting from any mana beast who got trapped in it and was thrown around.

I tried stopping my  creation but it wouldn't listen to me. So I did the first thing that came to mind.

I made another cyclone inside it, but this time rotating it in the opposite direction. 

It seemed to be working as the storm slowed down before dissipating in a burst of wind as it began raining.

I fall on my knees exhausted from maintaining the tornado, losing my grip on the wand in the process.

Arthur rushed towards me, Jasmine hot on his heels.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, just over exerted myself. Sorry about that by the way, did I interrupt your duel," I reply as I manage to stand up.

"No you didn't, we didn't even notice until after our duel. What was that anyways?" He says as he supports me up.

"That is what happens when you try to mix Wind, water and lightning and go overboard." I explain.

"That was extremely reckless Fayden. Although I will say, I'm impressed. How did you manage to conjure such a storm?" Jasmine spoke.

"Oh, it was the wand the Helstea's gave me. My spells consume much less mana that way." I reply as I pick up my wand once again.

"Anyways we should probably go now, there will probably be people coming here due to the commotion." I continue

"Yeah we should get going," Arthur said.

On the way Arthur spoke once again, "How's your swordsmanship currently?" 

Startled by the sudden enquiry I reply, "I don't know, but if I were to guess, I would be very rusty considering I have been focusing on magic rather than my swordsmanship."

"Figured, I have decided to not use magic in the next two years to get back to where I was before, " He whispered the last part so that only I could hear.

"Good idea, I think I'll try it too although I will use my constructs, no magic attacks but only constructs , so my core will still progress, although we shouldn't stop purifying our cores. It would be a waste if we don't progress our core in the next two years." I respond.

"Yeah don't worry about that, even if I don't use magic I'll keep purifying my core,"

Reaching our campsite we packed up our supplies and left for our next destination.

This is just the beginning.

We have a long journey ahead of us.