Tales of an adventurer

After cleaning ourselves we sat down on the couches, where the others were already seated.

I did notice that both Jasmine and Lilia were missing.

Raising an eyebrow I see Arthur looking around, no doubt noticing them missing as well.

"Looking for something?" Mother asked.

"Some people seem to be missing," Arthur replied.

Elijah perked up at this, "Ah! Jasmine left a letter for you two before leaving again for a mission with the Twin Horns."

I see.

Looking at the letter confirms his words,

'Arthur, Fayden, had fun. 

Thanks. 

See you later.

Sincerely, Jasmine.'

Yep, that's her alright.

I could hear Arthur mumble something along the lines of, 'How very Jasmine...'

"Its a shame we couldn't see her of," He continued, this time louder.

"They'll be back, they're like warts. You can't get rid of them," Dad said, trying to reassure us.

"I guess....but there's still one more missing face..." I say, only to stop seeing the grins on the face of the Helsteas.

"If you're looking for Lilia, you won't find her here. She's at-" Tabitha began but was interrupted by Vincent.

"OUR LILY IS CURRENTLY AT XYRUS ACADEMY. SHE STARTED ATTENDING LAST FALL AND-" He too was cut off as Tabitha pulled his hair, pretty forcefully judging from the expression of pain on his face.

"I, wanted, To. Tell. Them" 

She said with a dangerous edge to her voice.

"Wow! That's great to hear," Arthur exclaimed.

"Agreed," I say.

"Its all thanks to you two. We will forever be in your debt," Tabitha said.

"She's right. We could've never imagined that there will finally be a mage from our family." Vincent added.

Arthur glanced at Elijah, "Well, I don't know about debt but....I might have a favor or two in mind,"

"I'll hold you to it, I've got nothing in mind now," I say, fully intending never to bring it up again.

Before the conversation could progress anymore Father interrupted with a stomp of his leg, "Now that everyone is here..."

Pointing his finger at us he continued, "Tell us about your dungeon dive!"

"Are you a kid or something?" Mother chimed in.

He does behave like one. 

"Hmmm....where to begin..."

We told them most of what happened, leaving out details like our beast wills and the fact that it split into 2 different bodies to fight us, and Lucas' betrayal. We told them how Sylvie informed us of the guardian and how Zeke transported me there.

Throughout the tale Ellie had eyes wide as saucers with an expression of listening to a fantastical bedtime story. They were left shocked and in denial when Elijah started explaining how the two of us worked in tandem to take on the behemoth of a beast.

By the time we finished retelling our dungeon dive, well their since I wasn't there most of the time, Father's and Vincent's jaws were left open.

"Speaking of magic and monsters, Dad what stage are you at now?" Arthur said once the overall shock had subsided.