Visit from the Primordial

The area around me was monochrome, the floor being all black with grey smoke making a boundary around me.

I know this place.

This is where he visited me last time.

"You are a sharp one." I heard a familiar voice speak up.

"It's you, isn't it? The progenitor?" I asked even without turning around.

"Don't you start calling me that too, I have had enough of it from the rest." He grumbled.

I raised an eyebrow, "Well someone underwent a personality change."

"More like I can actually be myself here without the council peeping." He retorted.

"Wait what do you mean peeping?"

"Since I am an important figure to them, they monitor me every time I go out to the outside world. I mean what's the worse that could happen? I'm already dead anyways." He explained.

"Must be rough for you." I commented.

Shrugging he replied, "Not really, sure I am incorporeal but hey its better than being dead you know."

"I guess you've got a point there." I scratched the back of my head, "Well, what should I call you then?"

"Call me Erebus, that used to be my name when I was alive." He looked a bit sad when he said that.

[Of course he would be, he probably misses living.]

Yeah, I guess he does...Wait, who are you?

[You know, I don't really feel like telling you. Say what, Figure out my name and I'll tell you everything about me.]

Grr.....damn you...

"Fayden?" His voice brought me back to reality.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and began speaking, "Yeah sorry about that. So your name is Erebus huh? Why did the others not reveal this? Is it supposed to be a secret or something?"

"No, not really. I'd reckon most of them don't even remember my name after all this while." He chuckled.

"So that's why Noctis refused to tell me..." I muttered to myself.

"No, Noctis likely remembers my name. He probably didn't tell you just to sound cryptic."

"..."

"..."

"That shitty old man!"

"Hahaha." He laughed at my annoyance.

The area around us started getting brighter.

"What the-?" I blurted out in my surprise.

Erebus looked around saying, "Seems like you are going to be waking up soon."

"I see."

"Anyways Fayden," his face turned serious, "I came here to tell you that it's not as bad as you think, becoming a Marchosias that is."

I nodded somberly.

How would he know what it feels like?

"Trust me, I know what it feels like. I was also human once." He said as if reading my thoughts.

"Huh?"

He used to be.....human?

But how?

Did the progenitors evolve from humans?

I didn't have time to ponder on it as the once black area was transformed into a radiant white.

"Well, time's up." He remarked before beginning to walk away, "I'll see you later then."