The Beast Glades.

*In Elenoir*
Tessia Eralith POV:

"Haaaaaaaaa....." I release an overly exaggerated sigh with my head resting on the palm of my hand, gazing outside the balcony of my room.

I stand there reminiscing of the time I spent together with Art and Fay.

A smile creeps on my face as I remember a particularly amusing incident with Art whacking Fay for being too sarcastic.

I had just returned from Elder Rinia's place after guilt tripping her into letting me spy-I mean make sure they were doing alright.

I should probably be happy they got to reunite with their family.

But...who is that girl? Isn't Art being a bit TOO nice with her? He's even teaching her mana manipulation when he never taught me!. At least Fay isn't doing that.

That Arthur! When I get my hands on him I'll...sigh...who am I kidding, I just want to see him.

And Fay.

I added almost as an afterthought.

It's been a few months since they left, but after seeing them everyday it feels like years. Maybe I should've been nicer.

I cringe as I remember the times I physically abused them.

Thats their fault, Arthur being so thickheaded and Fayden's snide remarks.

I look at the crystal orb and see the two of them smiling broadly at what seemed to be a party.

"Young one I have good news!" Grandpa abruptly barged in.

He notices my hand on the orb, "I see that you're using that orb again-"
I cut him off by throwing a pillow at his face.

"Grandpa! What did I say about knocking!"

"I'm all for having either of them as my grandson-in-law, but it's a bit too early for that dont you think?" He replies as he kept dodging the pillows I sent his way.

"GROSS!" I exclaim before turning away from him.

"Don't pout now. I've got some good news for you little one," he says.

I tilt my head as a response to notify him that I was listening.

"...what if I said you could three have a chance to attend school together,"

Hearing that I immediately turn around before he could continue.

"Really Grandpa? You're not lying to me right?" I ask, overly excited.

"Haha~ Calm down Tess," My mother sat beside me patting my head, "Your grandfather has close ties with the Director of Xyrus academy."

"That sly old fox was bragging about two quadra-elemental mages attending her school when it was me who trained them," Grandpa laughs loudly at the irony.

"But its a bit more complicated than that. Do you remember the continental tournament?" Father asked as I nodded in response, "Well that was only the beginning."

"We're negotiating the terms for integrating the younger generation of elves and dwarves at Xyrus academy." He continues.

"The Director informed me that both Arthur and Fayden plan on adventuring for 3 years before attending Xyrus. So if everything goes right, you'll be his senior in school." Grandpa explained.

"So train hard with your grandfather. After all...it will be the start of a new generation."

________________________________________________________________________________

*Back at Sapin*

Fayden Leywin POV:

I was handed my bronze adventurer by the same woman who guided us to the amphitheater.

"Do you have a close relationship with Kaspian, Jasmine?" I hear Arthur ask.

Looking as Jasmine, she seems troubled.

Tread carefully brother.

"...in a way. He's an acquaintance of my father." Her tone made it clear she was uncomfortable with this particular topic.

Thankfully Arthur didn't pry any further.

But just to be safe I interfered,  "So, what now?"

She stays quiet for a while. Likely pondering on the topic herself before she turned to me, smiling softly, "Dungeon Exploring."

Arthur stays silent and proceeds forward absent-mindedly. He didn't notice the noble, Lucas, and bumped his shoulder.

Or was it the other way round?

"Don't get cocky because we happen to be in the same class. Even within ranks there are levels and a commoner such as you would be at the bottom. Don't forget it." He says before leaving with his entourage.

Arthur didn't even respond as he turned towards Jasmine and said, "Lets go to the portal."

________________________________________________________________________________

After passing through the portal, which felt a lot like the rift I passed through in the forests of Elshire, we reached the beast glades.

After seeing no hostile beasts Arthur questioned Jasmine, "Isn't is a bit too peaceful?"

"We're in an outpost near the base of the grand mountains. So most of the area has already been explored.

She pointed at a guy chasing some ferret like mana beast, "Lower class adventurers also use this area to train and grind for ingredients."

Suddenly Sylvie jumped off from Arthur's shoulder.

"Wait Sylv! Where are you going?" Arthur exclaimed.

After seeing Sylvie hunting the mana beasts I could feel Zeke look at the scene with longing.

Makes sense he wants to hunt too.

Go ahead, hunt.

Are you sure Dad? He replied with a hint of concern

Yeah, I'm not gonna overexert myself every time. I'll be ok Zeke. Go.

He gave no response as he emerged from my shadow and leaped towards the nearest mana beast, startling the other adventurers in the vicinity.

"They'll be alright. Mana beasts have a natural instinct to get stronger after a certain period of time. They must have felt suffocated being sheltered all their life." Jasmine said, reassuring us.

"We should hurry." She continued, "Our first stop is a day away, and it gets more dangerous at night."

"Cloaking herself with wind attribute mana she sprinted, beckoning us to follow her.

Following her example I too lunged forwards forming twin gales of wind below my feel, much like what I did during my test.

But when I looker back at Zeke once more. I couldn't stop the smile that found its way to my face.