ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜

Start from the beginning

"Who did you tell?" Wendy asks while her heartbeat furiously.

"Aunt Sofia, she always shuts me up. Saying I was lying.., "

"Why didn't you tell me? Why do you have a cell phone?" Wendy yells? Meanwhile, Aurora flinches.

"I always wanted to tell you. Your line never went through. And whenever you come home, you always snap at me, I was scared! Dad is also never alone, " Aurora explains.

"Did he get his way?" Wendy asks with fear and hope visible in his eyes.

"No!" Aurora responds.

"She is lucky, I didn't meet her and that idiot in that house..., "

"No one has my time, she always hits me, I never got the opportunity to tell Dad, whenever he was home, he wasn't alone. And I was scared of talking to you because you always yell!" Aurora says.

"Aurora you aren't supposed to keep quiet. If anyone harasses you. Look I am your elder sister, you can always tell me anything."

"But you are either snapping, snarling or yelling at me. Wendy I am scared of you, " Aurora says with lots of emotions. "I always feel like I am all alone, Daddy doesn't have my time, you don't either, Sophia is still little. No one does, " Aurora explains.

"Hey, I am sorry. I don't mean any of that, I'm just like that, I think I can only talk sense while yelling!" Wendy scoffs. "Look, from now henceforth, if anyone does anything you don't like, tell me. Why am I your elder sister? You can always tell or ask me for anything, don't be scared. I can't hurt you! I can go bitchy on people, but not my siblings. Okay!" Wendy says.

"I was hoping you will tell Dad you want me enrolled in your school. He listens to you. I hate staying alone at home!" Aurora says with fear of rejection evident in her eyes.

Wendy lets out a weak smile
"What about Derek? Doesn't he keep you company?"

"He is just helping me out with my studies, Dad told him to. We aren't friends!" Aurora says.

"Oh. Although he is cute, " Wendy smiles. "Apologies to him on my behalf!"

"First impression, " Aurora smiles.

Wendy laughs.
"I will spank you!"

"Will you talk to Dad?" Aurora asks with lots of hope in her eyes.

"I will. And also, once you start developing any sort of feeling for the opposite sex, don't keep it away from me. It's normal. Although that isn't your priority. You can always tell me anything."

      ______________________________🖊

  April watches her mum empty the polythene bag in silence. She was quite impressed with what her mum got her. It was two times what she took to school when she resumed. Tin milk, milo, sugar, corn flakes, she even added golden morn and cabin biscuit and a few more things. There were few toiletries too.

   Mrs Kuti hands April two thousand naira notes. April accepts it while muttering a thank you. Her mother was sweating profusely. The woman she was seeing was not the mother she had known.

"Mum, are you okay?" April asks, concerned. She observes her mother's facial expression.

"I am fine, just stressed," Mrs. Kuti says with a weak smile. April lets her gaze linger on her mother before turning away.

"Thanks, Mum. For everything." April says. She could see the emotions in her mothers eyes.

"Do not thank me, dear; just do better at school. I want you to succeed and have a brighter future. I am just fulfilling my parental responsibilities!" Mrs. Kuti says. April gives a weak smile.

"Mum. I know this is not easy. "I am sure you spent almost all of your savings on this..."

"April, go and prepare for school." Mrs Kuti tries to end the emotional conversation.

        ______________________________🖊

   April smiles immediately she steps into the dorm, most junior students were already patrolling. She realized she missed the environment as well as her friends.

The first person she sees makes her feel uneasy, but she chooses to ignore it. Tibiebi sat comfortably in her space.

April leaves her bag on her bunk. She walks over to her locker, cleans it up, and begins stocking her belongings. She did not need a soothsayer to tell her that Tibiebi was staring.

"Baby Girl!" Someone jumps over April's body. Even though she was sleeping, she could tell who it was. Science was never so dramatic. Dumlesi was the crazy one. That was not to say Science lacked a little craziness.

"I missed you!" April says as they embrace each other.

"I missed you too!" Science responds almost immediately, dropping her bag. She opens her locker, empties her bag, and starts stocking. The items she brought could last someone for two terms. It would not even fit in her locker. She had four big tins of milk and Milo. Various cookies, sugar, cocoa pops, cornflakes, rice crispy, golden morn, popcorns, and other treats. The mark of a wealthy individual.

"How was the holiday? Mine was boring!" Science complains.

"Manageable!" April comments.

"Who missed me?"

April lets out a smile, typical Dumlesi, always wanting a grand entrance.

"The talkative is here, and I arrived before you!" Science says.

"Says who? In your dreams. I have been in school!" Dumlesi replies with a smile.

"Lair! I arrived before you," Science retorts, making Dumlesi laugh.

"Did you get your midterm results?"Dumlesi inquires, staring directly at Apri. "It was forwarded to every parent!"

  April pauses. She remembered that she had not seen hers. Her mum had no android phone or computer, neither did she or her sister, she let out a small smile.

"I did not realize it was serious; I thought Miss Ann was joking! My previous school did not grade us," April says.

"They do that to let us know where we stand, so we can choose to improve or fail," Science says.

"It's nice through!" April comments.

Let us go to the cafeteria. I am famished. It's lunchtime, " Dumlesi announces.

"Foodie!" Science comments.

"Awwn, you have coco pops. My favourite." Dumlesi says staring into Science locker with lot of love, which was specifically for the food.

"Really, you are not getting a taste from that!"

"You wish!" Dumlesi says, while April zips her school bag and prepares to leave.

1624 WORDS🌹
THE BETRAYAL SER🌹ES