Chapter 129 - The Next Generation

It's been three years since Tanjiro and Kanao were married, and the latter seemed to be pregnant. "You two are having a child? Hmm... do you know what it'll be?" Isekai asks them, curious. "Apparently, our genetics got along so well, that the doctor told us that there would be a 25% chance for twins of opposite genders. Although, we have a higher chance for a boy than a girl, apparently. Roughly 45-30?" Kanao told him, scratching her head.

"Tanj, how many months has it been?" Zenitsu asks. "I think... seven months right now? She's expected to be going into labor within the next four or five weeks," he replies, trying to compute the time that passed since Kanao got positive on her pregnancy test. Nezuko congratulated them. "I'm already on maternity leave, and I'll be back into work within the last week of March," Kanao said, smiling.

"Do you have any names yet?" Aoi asks both of them. "Yep. If it's a boy, we would name him Sumiyoshi, after one of my ancestors, and if it were a girl, we would decide between Sumiko or Hanako," Kanao answers. Hanako seemed rather overjoyed that her own brother's child had a chance to be named after her.

"Well, we have to bring her to the check-up. I'll see you all in a bit, okay?" Tanjiro says, having to break apart from the group. Everyone wishes them well as they leave the Tako Residence.

Roughly one and a half months later in the hospital...

Everyone aside Aoi, Tanjiro and Kanao were waiting outside a room, and the Tokito twins had just come in. "What's the news? Why are we all gathered here?" Yuichiro asks. Zenitsu decides to tell them. "Kanao's going into labor right now. She's being helped by the only doctor among our group," he says, pointing into the room behind him. Everyone prays for her safety.

Aoi, who became a doctor, was there alongside some of her colleagues. She was helping with the delivery of Kanao and Tanjiro's child or children. "Alright, Kanao, just calm down, deep breaths, and just push!" Aoi tells her, getting the sterile scissors and towels to dab on the blood that may leak out onto the hospital bed.

Tanjiro was getting immensely worried for his wife. He didn't want anything to happen to her in the middle of childbirth. "Come on, Kanao... the shoulders are already there! A little more... just a little more...!" Aoi says to her, trying to motivate her friend to finish this. Soon enough, she pops out a healthy young boy. "Haha! It's a healthy baby boy- eh? Kanao, are you okay?" Aoi announces as she cut off the umbilical cord, just now noticing that Kanao seems to still be in pain.

"DOCTOR KANZAKI, I THINK SHE'S HAVING TWINS!" one of Aoi's colleagues tells her. "Shit, I'm so sorry!" she apologizes, entrusting the newborn baby to another one, who deals with cleaning off the baby and tending to it. She then gets back to Kanao. "Damn, there really IS a second child in there! Alright Kanao! Just try and push again! You, point the x-rays to her womb area, check if she's giving birth to triplets!" she commands. The assistant nods, and gets the device ready.

"No, Kanzaki. I don't spot a third baby in there," the man says to her. Aoi then exhales. "Okay, nothing else is in there. Just this one and you're done here. Push now, Kanao! Just keep going. Deep breaths!" she tells her, looking for the baby's head. After a while of this, she spots the top of its head. "I can see the head already! Just keep going!" Aoi tells her, trying to motivate her friend.

"Come on, Kanao! You can't give up now!" Tanjiro says, worried. After a while, she pops out a second child. "Oh, wow! You really *did* have twins! We have a healthy baby girl! It's just as your doctor said..." Aoi announces, cutting off the umbilical cord of the second baby. She then tends to it herself.

About 15 minutes later...

The door next to Isekai opens, and a wheelchair is rolled out of it. Kanao sits on the wheelchair, being tended to by Tanjiro. "Oh my God, did it go well?" Ozaki asks, tensity in her voice. Both Kanao and Tanjiro just smile warmly, reassuring everyone it went well. "So, we decided on names for these two. They look just like we did when we were born, so we named them after ourselves," the latter told them, scratching his head.